Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 11:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  Babies with adults
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Babies with adults  (Read 4061 times)
deansgt
« on: May 27, 2004, 12:04:29 PM »

Does anybody know if I can let my quail hatch there own eggs, and the chicks survive? Will the other quail kill them?
Also, can I put turkey poults in with older turkeys without the older turkeys killing them?
I would like to hatch some more turkeys, but have no where else to put them once they are ready except in with the older ones, or with my quail.
I also have one more question. Someone told me I can put some bantams in a pen with my quail eggs, and the bantam will hatch them, and brood them. Is that true?

Thanks for your help!
pgbirdman
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 03:41:48 PM »

Hey I'm not any help with your first few questions, but maybe what I'm doing now can help you... check out my post under "Incubation" in this forum, called "incubation of Quail eggs by a Silkie" it may help with your last question.
birdman182
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 07:59:27 PM »

i would just let them hatch there own i have done that and the mom protects them and usually watches them just make sure they cant get out of the pen
deansgt
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 12:54:15 PM »

Thanks for your help.
I think I will let the quail hatch their own eggs.
I figured they would only lay one clutch(about 15 eggs), but it looks like there may be more than one clutch in the box. I checked to see how many eggs were there Friday, and it looked like there must be 25-30 eggs in there, but there appears to be one sitting on them.
When they get older though, will I need to move them out of the pen with there parents? Will they try to run them off, and not being able to do so(since they are in the same pen), kill them?
I appreciate the information from both of you.
I wanted to try something different than putting them in the incubator.
birdman182
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 08:24:40 PM »

i would just take the mom and the babie and put them in a seperate pen and they will be just fine
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »