Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:45:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Doing something a little different.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Doing something a little different.  (Read 2131 times)
quailfriend

« on: June 06, 2007, 10:59:41 PM »

Hey everyone I have a few things i would like to throw at those that are interested. I am a senior in highschool this year and am also in Ag. I have to have an SAE ( supervised agricultural experience) every year and it has been showing cattle for the past 3 years. But I am choosing to move away form the norm and trying to expand my small scale personal bobwhite operation I have. Right now I only keep 20 to 30 bird for a hobby. But in order to concider it an SAE it has to bring in money. So I am going to expand it a small amount and try to get my Alumni board to lease me land to build a flight pen to raise up around 100 to 150 birds at a time. Right now I would rather have too few birds than too many so thats is why the numbers are low. Right now I am looking to find out the demand in my area for flight trained birds and meat birds because it will determin which licenses I need to acquire, and also if my project should be larger or smaller. I am mainly targeting people that are training dogs but doesn't matter who buys. I am hoping that this will give me enough experience and knowledge of the business to start a small farm further down the road, who knows. I would rather not have to ship for now unless my situation changes. So anyone that will need flight trained bobwhite quail 12 weeks or older in the Tulsa Oklahoma area please reply and give me a guess of the number of birds you might need and the purpose.  Any suggestions or thoughts anyone has, feel free to reply or you can email me at profisherman@cox.net

Thanks a lot,
Michael Harvey

12 ga. shotgun shells $5.00
candybar                   $.75
13 gallons gasoline    $26.31 (ouch)
taking a three day weekend to quail hunt with your dog---------priceless

remember a bad day hunting is better than a good day working.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »