Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:33:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Saying hello
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saying hello  (Read 2773 times)
yote1

« on: February 09, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »

Will finish up this week scrapping and stretching my winter fur catch. I still have a couple colony of beaver, to catch. I've get so busy in the winter that I didn't get to send any e mails to Slider. HAVE TO GET THE FUR READY FOR THE SALE DATES for the NAFA, in Canada.  Going to start the spring building clean out and start culling our quail.  Slider's, Butler's that I obtain are looking good, I have a hard time telling the Butler, and our Georgia Giants apart. Looking forward to the coming season and the advice on this site. Keep your boots dry.  yote 1 p33 p33

season catch
 625 coon
 36   otter
  50  R Fox
  22   G Fox
106  coyote
  18 skunk
    6 badger
   66 beaver
  47 rats
    3 mink
    possum  who know's
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:11:36 PM »

Looks like you had a good year yote1 I have been wondering how you are doing. The Valleys are doing great. I am setting them up this week..They gave me all new blood lines this year the way I am setting them up...The best to you...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:55:12 AM »

Nice seasons catch yote1. I wish you good luck with the fur sale. What do you expect for average prices?

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
birddog584

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »

Yote
         Nice catch, I used to buy fur several years ago. Did you catch most of your fur in Mo.?
yote1

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »

As usual I didn't post this topic, where it should have posted, blamed on poor computer skills.  . I caught 42 coyotes in Wyoming, and the rest in Mo. I'm hoping for a $30.00 average on the western yotes. the rest of the fur was caught in Mo. Coons hoping for a 15.00 average and beaver and otter 20 and the cats are large and well spotted, I'm hoping for 75 average for Mo. cats. the rest what ever the market dictates. I didn't start early to warm, should have waited in Wyom., for the cat season opening dates but had to come home, those western cats sell good. I had 3 last year sell for 590.00 ea. the wife loves those. Oh well there's next season. Most of the Mo. yotes are sold to the live market, only way to make money on them. at 50.00 ahead.  All Mo. yotes, caught using relaxing snares.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »

I assume that is suppose to be 47 cats??

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
yote1

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 07:59:52 PM »

Only caught 16 cats  Slider. Turned 8 small females lose. Those small cats are of little valve. I did catch several large 30 lb plus this year. I hope to go to Idaho, again and trap high again in the future for the good cats. Plan to go to the Flint Hills next year and give it a 2 week trip.  I always catch plenty of beaver living only a very short distance to the Mo.river. I usually work bounty and go after the lake and pond beaver that have been wised up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »