Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:04:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Hi, also from Oregon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi, also from Oregon  (Read 3454 times)
Ezri

Personal Text

« on: August 08, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

I joined this forum because I was looking around for ideas on what to do with the peafowl who are breeding like rabbits in our yard. But then I saw all the stuff about quail and pheasants. I love quail and pheasants. I have quail and pheasants. They hide most of the time but then show up in flocks to get under the chickens heat lamp and eat their food. When they see me they beg for lettuce.

But right now I'm nervous about what to do with all the peafowl. They're going to keep breeding and breeding. Where can I send them? I had three and then three more flew in from somewhere and then the breeding started. Now we have 21 I think. I gave two to the feed store but they didn't want more than two at a time. They're really nice birds. I wish they'd stop breeding!
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:33:37 PM »

well it sounds like to me that they have made the decision for you to start your own peafowl raising business. If you would want to you could sell the chicks are even adults and make a pretty good profit of of them or if you wouldn't want to do that just sell all of them on this site ( might be a few people arond here that would take them) or try eggbid.com  people have pretty good luck there

And last off i want to know... where the heck do you live!! peafowl, pheasants, and quail just show up in your yard and are not afraid of you! ty2

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
greyghost
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 09:19:13 PM »

Hi Ezri, maybe I am out of line, but are Peafowl not Pheasants? AND are Pheasants good to eat? Wooops, Peafowl are pretty! Damn right, pretty good eating! Ghost.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »