Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:21:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Members Pictures
| | |-+  POSTING PICTURES SUGGESTION
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POSTING PICTURES SUGGESTION  (Read 9893 times)
EagleEye
Predator
Global Moderator

Bald Eagle

« on: March 16, 2009, 11:17:21 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Use a site such as "photobucket.com" for posting pictures if possible. This will help post your pictures in full size for viewing.

Of course you can also load pictures onto this site, but there are restrictions that require the pictures to be quite small.

Restrictions: 5 per post, maximum total size 192KB, maximum individual size 128KB.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:32:26 PM by EagleEye » Logged

c49
greyghost
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:14:22 PM »

Eagle Eye, I hate to be a party pooper, but, if that is the extent of info for downloading pics is all you have, well, I'm still screwed. I tried like crazy to post pics, then got fed up. My chances of going to  photobucket is between slim and none. If I may speak for those of us that could not download our way out of a bucket; I feel that if I go to Photobucket I will go thru the same frustration as I did when I attempted to post here.  Is this site a bit more user friendly? Ghost.
DarrenS

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 08:01:53 PM »

I'd second that and agree it would be good if more user friendly. May want to post some pictures soon :?:
EagleEye
Predator
Global Moderator

Bald Eagle

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 01:41:25 PM »

greyghost,

What kind of problem are you having posting pictures?  Most generally, the only problems most members have posting pictures to the forum are that their pictures are too big, 128kb is the maximum size per post. That is why it may take several posts to post your pictures. In order to put multiple pictures (5 being the max) on one post, the grand total combined (kb) can not exceed 128kb. In other words, if you were to load 5 pictures onto one post, each picture would have to be about 25kb each, which is extremely small and hard to acheive (for me anyway).  I always turn my camera down to it's lowest setting before taking the pictures, even then, depending on the camera, they will still be to large and need to be made even smaller with a "picture resizing" program of some sort in order to get below the 128kb maximum size.  There are numerous programs out there, some can be downloaded for free. The one I use is very easy to use, but is no longer free. They can be found on downloads.com, tucows.com, etc.  Others may have suggestions on resizing programs, as I am not a computer wizard.  ^-^
  The other common problem is when a member would try to upload pictures, they would recieve a "Upload folder is full" message and the system would not accept their pictures.  Are you recieving this message?  If so, it has nothing to do with your picture posting ability if your pictures are of the correct size. It is a problem with the forum server not having enough memory and the forum administrator (Redoakgamebirds) has to add more memory in order to correct the problem.

All the you have to do on the posting page is, click on "Additional Options".  Then click on "Browse".  A "Choose File" window will appear. Find your picture of appropriate size (128kb or smaller) on your computer, wherever it may be. Then click "Post".........and you're done.

Don't know if this helped you any, if not, please explain more as to what problems you are experiencing.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:00:15 PM by EagleEye » Logged

c49
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »

Just use phot bucket !
No resizing needed !

Yer not building a new space Shuttle !

s020
greyghost
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »

Yer not building a new space Shuttle !

s020
[/quote]
Reeves, if you only knew! I'll try it and get back to you. Ghost
greyghost
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 12:14:56 AM »

Reeves, I just launched my space shuttle. I plan on ruling the Earth by Friday! Hahahahahaaaaa! Unless you send me ONE MILLION DOLLARS! Ok  I am kidding. I am still trying to figure this out.  dh1   Big DUH!
greyghost
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 12:48:36 AM »

Thank God I know more about birds than I do Computers! I have had my fill of photobucket. I tried to download the rest of my pics to no avail. If you want to see my birds I will PM you or flip you off. Sorry, kids the Ghost is not happy! But, I will live through it!  j2
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 09:24:50 PM »

idt1

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »

Ghost I know what you mean...When I started using PB I had H3ll but stuck it out and finially made it but own my own...keep trying..I have never posted pics on here but do all the time over on the other channel, but over there I have to resize them so if you do not here then you are one step closer...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »