Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:17:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Game Farm Time Share.........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Farm Time Share.........  (Read 8206 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: September 19, 2008, 11:18:26 AM »

Well, what do you think of this Idea. So many of us really can't take the time off for a vacation, without the problems associated with our Mom and Pop Game Farm Business.

Just trying to find someone to feed and water the birds or even take care of the dogs, just to get away for a weekend is just about out of the question, if not out of the question.

What about a Game Farm Time Share??? At least 90% of us here know the business and aspects. All we would have to do is have the feed schedule plan layed out and what ever else that would be associated with each others operation.

Just think of all the benifits this could bring within our community.......

Any pros or cons on this? What do you think? Chime in on your ideas...

I am serious!!!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 04:09:58 PM »

So are you saying on vacation I go to your farm and you come to mine?
Guess I don't understand the concept. ???

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 04:40:04 PM »

So are you saying on vacation I go to your farm and you come to mine?
Guess I don't understand the concept. ???

Basically that's the jest of things. The person's doing the time share would assume the daily game farm work and then see the site of the community and surrounding areas. No momentary exchange what so ever. Each time share between the two would set up the game farm work schedule as to what it entails and if they want an itinerary of what is available for site seeing.

You and the  time share would set the parameters on requirements.. Cheap and enjoyable vacation for both, that you wouldn't get the opportunity for otherwise, unless you happen to be independently wealthy.

Example:

You and I want to exchange a time share. I supply my house and food, and other particulars that may be asked, you supply your house and food and the same, we take on the daily work schedule care of each others bird according to written instruction. The rest of the day, it's your time, do with as you feel fit. Either site see or just hang out on the property.

Quite simply... It would almost be like getting someone to house sit.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 05:30:12 PM »

Steve, I think you really have a great idea.  Getting away from here is almost impossible.  We have to hire my niece to take care of things, however just feeding and watering is really not enough.  She does not have the knowledge or insight and I usually come home to dirty waterers and a few dead birds.

Most of us live in rual areas and in places that others would love to visit.  For example, I live 30 mins outside Yosemite National Park, for you to visit, you would have to have the expense of getting here, then pay to stay in a hotel and added expense of meals ect...   I even have a guest house and trap shooting range.  If someone were to come during different hunting seasons, such as deer, turkey, pig or so forth you could even take advantage of the owners hunting areas. 

I need to run it by hubby and see what he would think of this idea.  I like it.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 08:08:24 AM »

Does this concept include mowing my grass, gathering firewood, building fence? I have a shed that needs a new roof too.

:cool:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 08:25:11 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
komer

gamebird breeder wannabe

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 08:23:20 AM »

i would like to see and go on vacation on yours game farm:)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 08:28:42 AM »

i would like to see and go on vacation on yours game farm:)

Now that would be awesome...........now if we can just find someone to finance (pay for entirely) the trip?    :-|

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
komer

gamebird breeder wannabe

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 08:47:31 AM »

yes it would be great,one way airplane ticket to new york is 360€!
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 10:21:36 PM »

Does this concept include mowing my grass, gathering firewood, building fence? I have a shed that needs a new roof too.

Actually after I posted I thought the same thing.  I need a new flight pen built, so I supply the materials and when I return from someones elses farm, my new pen has been built.  I like that idea.   j11

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 11:27:06 PM »

great idea steve, yeah i would  love to see your pens/ gamebird farm  and everyone else's, i wouldn't want to leave  j2   Wouldn't mind to help ya around there!

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 04:43:46 PM »

CharlieHorse,

Surely you jest..... j45 but then again, if you can find someone that is willing to spend their whole vacation tending to your needs, go for it. Just be prepared for what he/she will be expecting from you.

As I stated in the outline of this little venture, Taking care of your birds in return of the other taking care of theres.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 04:55:28 PM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »

yes it would be great,one way airplane ticket to new york is 360€!

komer,

I think if you were to do a time share in NY, you may be better suited to do it with jchiar, who lives upstate NY. You wouldn't benefit doing Queens NY.

No offence birdlover, but   s12  come on, crawling under a deck to feed the birds  s49

I would love to do a time share with you, but I think they would lock me up when I arrived in Croatia. They may think that I am a Terrorist.  s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 04:58:15 PM »

great idea steve, yeah i would  love to see your pens/ gamebird farm  and everyone else's, i wouldn't want to leave  j2   Wouldn't mind to help ya around there!

birdlover,

I have given you the opportunity more then once....... But I am not going back to NY  t15 Not even on a bet... I have no desire what so ever.....

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »

Actually after I posted I thought the same thing.  I need a new flight pen built, so I supply the materials and when I return from someones elses farm, my new pen has been built.  I like that idea.   j11

Don't push your luck lady j44

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 06:03:53 PM »

birdlover,

I have given you the opportunity more then once....... But I am not going back to NY  t15 Not even on a bet... I have no desire what so ever.....

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Yes i know steve that you gave me the opportunity and i would love to go but you know how parents are sometimes (or all the time), can't even leave the house for 2 secs  s176
i agree with you, i wouldnt want to go back to NY for anything, i'm tired of NY can't wait to get out of here. I can't stand it at all here. 

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »