Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:24:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  which feeder and waterer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: which feeder and waterer  (Read 2100 times)
carpdoctor
« on: September 18, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

My quail r due to hatch in  6 days. I already have a few chick waterers and a chick feeder ( GQF).   Which ones do I need for the pen after they mature.  My local store has a little giant gamebird waterer ( three gallon)  the  lip seem high for quail  will this be ok to use.    Feeders  they also have the plastic ones with like 20 individual slots  the hole are like 1" x 1.5"   is this what I want for quail?

Thanks
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 08:24:56 PM »

they will work fine  all you have to worry about are the chicks
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 09:26:28 PM »

If your birds are on the ground you may actually find that you have to raise the waterers up on a piece of 2x lumber as they can really fill them with dirt quickly.  No problem if they will be on wire. I use a bunch of the five gallon chicken waterers with adult birds with no problems. Only problem I've had with the chicken feeders is that the birds tend to "bill out" quite a bit of food with them.  Before I got my quail feeders I used to place the chicken feeders in a cake pan to catch the billed out food.

David
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »