Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:46:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  coop
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: coop  (Read 3297 times)
Nate F.

« on: May 15, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »

Hi everyone!  I am planning on getting a pair of yellow golden pheasants pretty soon.  In my coop, the door goes straight from the coop to outside.  I don't want to open the door and they fly out.  If I hang a curtain on the inside, would that work?  That way I could open and mostly close the door without giving them a flying chance.  Reeves, do you know a lady named Shirley who raises Coturnix?  She lives on Rg Rd. 215 and Twp. 530.  I am hoping to get a couple trios from her.  Thanks
-Nate

Everyone is entitled to my opinion
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »

Build a Fourier in front of your door...Yellow Goldens are not bad about trying to fly out.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Nate F.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 04:56:46 PM »

thanks for the reply

Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:16:34 AM »

Reeves, do you know a lady named Shirley who raises Coturnix?  She lives on Rg Rd. 215 and Twp. 530.  I am hoping to get a couple trios from her

Dosen't ring a bell.

You getting Quail from her ? The Ghigi Goldens as well ?
I know a fella in Pickardville with very good quality Ghigi (Yellow) Goldens.

I'm not sure (not getting a picture in my head) about your doors. Are you saying the door on the building opens to the pen, or to where there is no pen ?

Coop = chickens
Aviary = Pheasants/Quail  :grin:

It will also depend on where their bolt hole is, in relation to the door. If when you open the door, and the bolt hole is away from the door, they'll just go into the run/pen section. Most times anyway.
That is the reason I always have a door on the run, I go through the run to open the house door. Any blow ups and they just end up in the run/pen.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 07:27:21 AM by Reeves » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »