Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:33:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Site Announcements/Promotions/Feedback
| |-+  Special Promotions and Giveaways
| | |-+  March Trivia Giveaway
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: March Trivia Giveaway  (Read 6504 times)
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« on: March 04, 2007, 09:02:46 PM »

Hello everyone.  Hope your season is off to a good start or plans in the making.  To help with those long winter blues (for some of us anyway) I thought I'd throw in a little fun with some trivia and perhaps add a little incentive to our forum.  Beginning in March I'm going to throw in some questions or trivia pertaining to game birds or related in general.  If a good enough response is made to our fun program I plan to offer it monthly with different items to offer.  There is no obligation to anyone and I am doing this from my own free will.  Later on during the season I plan to offer some other great stuff such as incubators, turners, etc.  I would love to hear from you guys with some ideas to use so if you have any please drop me an email. 

This trivia has no obligation for any member.  Nothing needs to be purchased and there is no age limit to play.  At the end of our trivia quiz I will have a 3rd party RANDOMLY draw the name from all correct answers and post the winner on this thread (at your option you may remain anonymous).  There are only a few small requirements.

1.  You must be a member of this forum to enter.
2.  You may only submit ONE (1) answer PER DAY PER PERSON.  If I receive more than one answer from you in any 24 hour period both of your answers for that day will be disqualified.  (For example-if the drawing last for 30 days you have 30 entries in this game assuming your answer is correct.)

This Trivia is valid from March 1 to midnight March 31, 2007.  This thread will be LOCKED for security purposes and to give anyone wishing to enter the chance to work your brain!

Prize for this month is your choice of either a book (our choice of variety) or a one year subscription to the Gamebird Gazette magazine. 

Here is our first trivia question for MARCH.  I'm relying on some of your opinions to make this better for everyone.

You have 200 Bobwhite Quail breeders you are placing in pairs for one full year.

1/2 of your birds lay eggs every day for half the year and every other day for the remainder of the year.  1/4 of your birds lay eggs every day.  The remaining breeders lay eggs every other day for 4 months, every day for 5 months, and being a rainy year lay eggs every 3rd day for the remainder of the year but average 20 percent broken eggs per day from them.  How many hatchable eggs should you have expected this year.

Please email your answers to submissions@thatquailplace.com

Only entries to this email address, please. 

GOOD LUCK!

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:06:42 PM »

Hello everyone,

The response to this months trivia question has been slow and limited to just a few replies.  I will post the winner on here if he/she wishes to be known within the next day.  I am emailing the winner within the next 10 minutes.  The answer to this question seemed to draw several different opinions.  Every time I do the math I keep getting the same answer so what I did was accept ALL answers from every entry and allowed a third party to draw a random name for the winner.  For the next drawing I'm hoping to receive alot more responses but its still early in the season I'm sure.

Congratulations to the winner: faro

The answer to the March trivia question is:  28,740 hatchable eggs
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 09:34:24 PM by RedOakGamebirds » Logged

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »