Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:27:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  hatching button quails?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hatching button quails?  (Read 2212 times)
birdlover
« on: May 28, 2006, 03:42:18 PM »

Hi,
   I have a Roll-X Incubator, and i'm trying to hatch Button Quail Eggs  Everything seems to be going well with the eggs. The Thermometer reads 99 degrees to 100 degrees, this kind of thermometer is an aquarium thermometer that I bought at a pet store, it was the only kind of thermometer that I could find. For Humidity I filled 2 1/2 of the 4 troughs of water in the incubator. For the Turning, the incubator turns it automatically, but I press the red button to make sure they get turned for sure. Since the button quail eggs are small, I sometimes have to open the incubator to position the eggs flat down on the grid, because the eggs can sometimes get out of place and fall on the bottom, which has happened to me already.  So, what do you think does this sound like there going to hatch (hopefully) soon?                                                       
                                                                 Thanks
Attila
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »

As I hatched my 50 Button eggs in a Hovabator, I can't help you with the specifics of your incubator.  The temp sounds good, assuming the thermometer is accurate.  I highly recommend that you invest in a digital thermometer that also shows % humidity.  I got mine from Wal-Mart for about $8.  Just a suggestion.
If they've been in there long enough (about a week), you can try candling them.  However, with button eggs, it is not that effective since the egg shells are too dark.  Out of my 50, I could only see into about 5, but it gave me hope when I saw that 4 of them were fertile.
Just out of curiosity, how many eggs do you have and from where did you order them?
Good Luck!
birdlover
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 01:10:07 PM »

Hi,
i have 25 Button Quail Eggs & I ordered them from "Acadiana Aviaries", from Franklin, Louisiana .  Their website is www.zebrafinch.com   

I also have one more problem about incubating the Button Quail Eggs.  Sometimes when my automatic turner turns the eggs, the eggs get positioned wrong,as a result, the big end is lower that the pointed end.  I'm worried about this, Can you please help 

Thanks,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »