Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:32:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  Lake Cumberland Game Farm.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lake Cumberland Game Farm.  (Read 15204 times)
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 06:42:54 PM »

Well I have to give a big thumbs up to Lake Cumberland Game Farm.  I ordered 1000 BW eggs in January.  They shipped from Kentucky to California.  Not a single one was broken.  Received 1167 eggs.    That was a lot extra. 

Anyway, Hatch days were yesterday and today.  So far from 1167 eggs.  I have 1094 healthy chicks.  The rest are still in the hatcher and very promissing.  Wow I am very impressed.  Repeat customer here.

Thanks so much
Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 10:28:38 PM »

That's pretty good if you were to ask me. I'd like to have the facilities to handle 1000 bobs. Very good hatch. Almost 94% at this time.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:31:35 PM by trailbossusa » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 10:52:31 AM »

Yes, I am very surprised with the hatch rate.  My poor husband.  He is already trying to figure out where he will put the new flight pens.  We already have three and he just completed my breeding pens.  A little more birds than what I thought would hatch.  I was thinking about 50-60%.  We got chicks coming out our ears.  That's okay.   I very happy.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
mainequail

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 07:55:04 AM »

Lake Cumberland has a nice product, good hatches, nice Jumbo Wisconsin Bobwhite. The only problem is that they are SO SLOW in shipping. Every year for three years I am assured it was a temporary problem. I ordered 500 eggs March 2, 2007 and am still waiting. No answers to my emails and a sympathetic answer to my phone call, but still no definite ship date. My spring schedule is shot and I have no answer for my customers.

They have assured me next year will be better, again.
huntingken111

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 09:29:25 PM »

I ordered 500 bobwhites on March 24 and still telling me same thing as you "we'll see if we can't get out next week.  They are nice furtile eggs but if you have a deadline don't order from them.
zipper

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 08:41:16 PM »

I just received my order of 500 BW eggs after waiting almost 2 months. Eggs were well packaged and only 3 were broken. All eggs were uniform in size and extremely clean. Other than the long wait I am pretty pleased with the shipment. They did send at least 10% more than ordered. I will incubate them in my Sportsman incubator and post later on the outcome.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »