Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:18:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Merriam Eggs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Merriam Eggs  (Read 7431 times)
labmancan
Expert Member

« on: January 19, 2008, 02:54:12 PM »

Looking for at least 200 Merriam TURKEY EGGS, must be pure, have export paperwork and will pickup FOB Coutts Montana.
These eggs are for Dirt Willy,  a Federally registered breeder. s85
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 05:37:46 PM by labmancan » Logged

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:01:58 AM »

Still looking  s85

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
PSUQuailer

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 11:59:41 AM »

Are Merriams a kind of turkey?

Ryan S.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:22:09 PM »

Why is it spelt wrong?

PSUQuailer

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 07:04:39 PM »

No i just never heard of them and then i reread your first post and saw that you specified them as Turkeys.  SORRY.

Ryan S.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 07:19:13 PM »

No, I edited it after your post. Just in case I did spell it wrong. But they are a native Turkey somewhere in the U.S. :grin:

MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 03:23:51 AM »

Never heard of them.  I would be interested in seeing a picture of one.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 07:04:13 AM »

They look much the same as an Eastern, except they have white tips on the tail feathers. Maybe a bit more robust as well ?
Google is your friend....
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 07:33:52 AM »

This is from Arizona Fish and Wildlife (DNR?)

Merriam's turkey are found throughout the Western United States primarily in the ponderosa pine forests of Colorado, New Mexico, and northern Arizona. They have been transplanted into the pine forests of Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota. Merriam turkey can be found not only in ponderosa pine forest but also other vegetation types in elevations ranging from 3,500 to 10,000 feet. In Arizona, they are found in much of the ponderosa pine forest north of the Gila River.

But does anyone Raise them? s85

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 09:22:31 AM »

Never heard of them.  I would be interested in seeing a picture of one.

Teresa,

This picture is taken right off of Dirtwilly.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 12:48:46 PM »

They do look like an Eastern.  Have been asked to do some turkeys for the local feed store, waiting to see what kind he wants.  That looks like a big meaty bird.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »

He's all puffed up strutting. Any of the "wild" species will be more lean than the meat birds.
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »

The only source that I have seen so far is Strombergs. They are considered a critical rare Turkey by the Minor Breeds Conservancy. Pretty bird , and a natural breeder.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 07:03:19 AM »

Thanks J.L., but if that's Strombergs in Mn., they don't list them anymore. Just the Eastern Wild.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 07:35:32 AM »

Thanks J.L., but if that's Strombergs in Mn., they don't list them anymore. Just the Eastern Wild.

Strombergs doesn't ship eggs, chicks, or adult birds outside the U.S.

From their website:

Note: We do not export birds, chicks or eggs outside of the US.
We are not currently able to ship birds, chicks or eggs to Hawaii and shipments to Alaska may be available by zipcode.
Please call to confirm.

Like I had mentioned in another topic someplace, Strombergs as far as birds, chicks and eggs is a broker, and strombergs does not issue out and health certificates, N.P.I.P / AI. So trying to get one in advance prior to shipment will be next to impossible.

Stated on their website:

Our network of gamebird hatcheries can provide a number of varieties of pheasant, quail, and partridge including ornamental varieties and those bred for release or consumption. We can provide adult birds, chicks or eggs for many of the breeds we offer.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 07:37:49 AM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »