Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:50:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Aggressive Quail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aggressive Quail  (Read 3735 times)
broberts

Personal Text

« on: March 14, 2011, 07:08:31 PM »

Hi. I have been a member for a while, but this is my first post.

I just started raiging quail last Oct (hatched from eggs). I have 2 breeds of quail (about 15 Georgia Giant Bobwhites and about 15 smaller bobwhites). I am trying to get the birds moved around for breeding and whenever I mix some of the birds, they go psycho and attack their new roomates (I had to physically separate them). I have 2 that look like they have been scalped. They are completely bald and somewhat bloody. Is this possibly from breeding or are these birds outcasts and about to get pecked to death?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 04:04:36 PM »

BW's like to kill BW's (and most other birds).  One can take a BW away from other BW's for 2 days and put it back in with the others and one of them is probably going to die. A cage within a cage for about a week so they get accustomed to each other, then open the door to let them mix is one way of doing it. There is nothing wrong with your BW's.......it's just the way they are......they don't like strangers whatsoever. 

Do a search on this forum and you'll find loads of posts on this very subject.

mkey1

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »