Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:38:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Hello new member
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello new member  (Read 3926 times)
sgtvalleroy7
« on: January 15, 2007, 10:00:18 PM »

Hello everyone, just wanted to say I have been reading here for a couple mths now and have learned a lot of great info from you guys. Just getting started in raising Bob Whites,and off to a great start with help from you guys readin your post everyday and others. Thanks  This is a E-MAIL I attach that I sent to Wadleys Quail Farm today with pictures. Thanks for the great forum guys.
  sgtvalleroy7  :police:               

Hi

Just to let you know my 2nd batch of eggs, from you guys hatched today exactly 23 days well 4 hrs early... sent to pics of the quail, with my dauter Anna. Thanks for the incubating tips on your web-page I used a Hova-Bator still air with your instructions to the "T", worked great with the Georgia Giants. Im just getting into raising quail and off to a good start. I have been readin and they say on the forums that usually you get a 50 to 80% hatch rate but with your eggs more like 99 to 100% hatch rate, sent to Illinois.  In the pics the big Quail is at just over 4 weeks and the other was from todays hatch. 23 out of 25 eggs Hatched healthy! the other Two eggs I got out over a week ago they were clear when I candled them.

Thanks again. sgtvalleroy   Southern Illinois
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 10:15:59 PM by sgtvalleroy7 » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 10:55:17 PM »

Those are some very good hatches. It is a good thing for kids to experience.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 12:30:10 AM »

Congrats and welcome aboard! Great hatch rate.

From my experience...I always get good hatches from shipped Bobwhite eggs as compared to others. Maybe bobwhite eggs are more resilient in shipping? Shipped Button quail eggs seems to have the lowest hatch rate for me.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:48:03 AM by aKirA » Logged
JohnInDixon
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 10:39:46 AM »

Welcome!  and your Little Girl too!  Welcome Anna!

Glad to see you're on your way to some fun with the birds.  This forum is great for info and the friendships are real too!

John
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 11:07:55 AM »

Welcome to the forum.  I have found bobwhite eggs to ship very well and that is all the way to Alaska.  I've had the worst luck shipping pheasant eggs.  Oh Well!   My grandkids love to help Grandpa with the birds, we raise coturnix, bobwhite, gambel, pheasant and heritage turkeys.  Good luck and enjoy.

Good morning John, the first three of the cross eggs have hatched this morning, I can't wait to see what I have tonight.  They took 18 days, a day longer than my coturnix usually take, and they look more like bobwhite chicks then coturnix, smaller and not as robust out of the egg.  The adventure begins!
sgtvalleroy7
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 02:16:49 PM »

Thanks everyone! For the welcome aboard... and good luck to you all in the up-coming season getten close.   Thanks sgtvalleroy7  :police:
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »