Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:19:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  ARGH!! THE *$@# LUMP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ARGH!! THE *$@# LUMP  (Read 4060 times)
komori35
« on: June 11, 2004, 11:19:53 PM »

okay.  this lump on my female quail is really starting to    tick    me    off.    :evil:
it has, if anything, gotten bigger since i last visited.  to top it all off, she's now starting to list forward-I BLAME THE LUMP!

i had one response a few months ago asking me if it was infected feather.  well, there are no feathers near the lump-a huge bald patch that i also attribute to its existance-and it seems...attached to something.  it's not a cyst or anything.

is there anything i can do to get rid of it? medicine in the water? injection? cold cream? anything!!

-komori
Pheasantman
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 12:31:25 AM »

Hey,

One of my neighbors chickens had a big lump hanging off the side of it's neck.  I believe it was a tumor, but he wouldn't let me cut it off.  If it looks likes it's hurting the bird or interfering, maybe you should call a vet, they will usually answer your questions.
komori35
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 09:57:25 PM »

i dunno....it's not...HANGING, per se...it's just...jutting.  well i'll get it checked out-i hope my vet treats quail, though.  :wink:

thanks for the advice. i should have gotten it checked out in the first place, i just didn't know if my vet could treat it.

-komori
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 08:50:48 AM »

One thing you can just about always count on with your vet.  As strange as it may first seem, "we" are probably not the first people to bring a bird to them.  If they don't have the knowledge or desire to treat birds, I can just about bet you that they know another vet within driving distance that does.  Vet's are kind of like us, some like small animals (dogs/cats) some like large animals etc.. And they will readily refer you to another one since they can count on that vet to refer folks back to them. Good luck with your treatment.

David
Beth
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 09:33:39 PM »

Did you take her to the vet?  What did you find out?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »