Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:29:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  birdlover???????
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: birdlover???????  (Read 26211 times)
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 05:02:11 PM »

:-o

I'd have never posted them pictures.

You must be related to Charlie Albert "Einstein" Horse, the Apache philosopher.

I think it's just a matter of not being aware or having experienced a proper environment.  Good case to be made for the return of 2X4 education.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 05:28:08 PM »

How many chukar are in there anyway? 

2 Chukars, he had 3 but one was very aggressive so he released it.   It looks small because i didn't get a full shot of the cage/pen, when i go back i'll try again, it really isnt as small as you guys are saying, i know i seen it. I don't want you guys to get the wrong intention of his pens simply because i didnt get a good full view of his pens, if anything its me to blame and the  s53 camera that only works half the time..... s176

birdlover17
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 05:47:44 PM by birdlover17 » Logged

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 06:13:04 PM »

Sanitation is what concerned me the most, the birds don't care what it looks like. Although the neighbors might.

You must be related to Charlie Albert "Einstein" Horse, the Apache philosopher.

He was actually Tsetsehestahese and his name was Albert Einstein Eagle Horse.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 06:25:59 PM »

And I think something he dropped landed on my keyboard.

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 06:29:49 PM »

Sanitation is what concerned me the most, the birds don't care what it looks like. Although the neighbors might.

Well his pheasants are on ground, and it looks like a lot of leaves but at the time i took the pictures it was autumn there. And i highly doubt neighbors becoming a problem they are over several hundred feet away, if not more.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 06:43:57 PM »

And i highly doubt neighbors becoming a problem they are over several hundred feet away, if not more.

That's like being in an apartment complex around here.  It's just not something I would expect to see in a subdivision such as that, I would think it would attract unwanted attention if nothing else.  Have you been shopping for a 3-wheeled bicycle?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 08:52:22 PM »

Have you been shopping for a 3-wheeled bicycle?

Hey Charlie,
nope haven't been shopping for a 3-wheeled bicycle, i'm thinking of a dirt bike their pretty cool and they also come with 3 wheels.

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 09:31:46 PM »

And the beat goes onnnnnn........

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2008, 03:17:17 AM »

Hey,
the pen is larger than this, you guys do know that these pictures were taken over a year ago, so his pen is a little different now.  I've seen his pens their larger than it seems.  He's going to arrange eveything next year a little differently. He does have electric fence around his property to keep the predators away, but he hasn't had any problems with his birds. The last time i saw his birds they were all doing great, i don't find anything wrong with his pens, they have plenty of room.   

birdlover,

Those are cages not pens and they look to be about the size of a large dog crate, either 3 x 5 or 4 x 6. In any case I didn't notice a flight pen for the pheasants.

Does your cousin know that you posted the pictures of his bird cages? If so, and his set up has change over last year, I thinks you should get your cousin to email you some updated pictures of his improved set up in his defence.

Well his pheasants are on ground, and it looks like a lot of leaves but at the time i took the pictures it was autumn there. And i highly doubt neighbors becoming a problem they are over several hundred feet away, if not more.

We kind of got the jest of that, being on the ground and in a cage not able to move around and in a damp enviroment, with no place to deficated does make for an aroma  problem even if it is one bird.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2008, 10:59:32 AM »

:grin:

i'm thinking of a dirt bike their pretty cool and they also come with 3 wheels.

You don't get out much do ya?

:-|

^-^
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:27:07 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2008, 11:27:36 AM »

:grin:

i'm thinking of a dirt bike their pretty cool and they also come with 3 wheels.

You don't get out much do ya?

:-|

^-^

Only one last name in the town he is from......
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2008, 11:44:10 AM »

Birdlover  when you starting cooking school????

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2008, 01:22:20 PM »

mid-November, now i'm just doing things to keep me busy like making wine, trying to figure a way to make my cages larger, etc.....   

lglenn

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2008, 01:45:44 PM »

mid-November, now i'm just doing things to keep me busy like making wine, trying to figure a way to make my cages larger, etc.....   

reglar little scoff-law, aint ya?
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2008, 07:06:30 PM »

Busy making wine ???
Total of 3-4 hours work, spread over 3-4 months for 5 gallons.
Don't like work much eh !
 s020
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »