Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:44:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  That Quail Place ChatRoom
| | |-+  Quail habitat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quail habitat  (Read 4258 times)
J-Bird

Personal Text

« on: February 17, 2014, 08:39:22 AM »

To start I am from Kansas and I have a pond that is fenced off and I would like to plant some good quail habitat to keep the quail on my place when I release them out of my surrogator.  I was going to till up some strips and plant milo and just let it go to seed and if I needed to I would beat the heads so all the seed would fall to the ground.  I was going to let stand to give the quail cover and also be easy for my dog to work them.  My question is has anyone used the Pheasant Forever/Quail Forever seed for food plots?  I am looking at the blizzard buster mix and/or the covey rise mix.  My thinking is plant a few rows of milo and then broadcast the food plot mix beside the milo to give them food and cover next to a good water supply.  I am curious if anyone has
1) tried the food plot mixes or any other food plot seed such as milo or millet?
2) did you have any luck keeping quail close?

Any and all experience would be greatly appreciated. 
Fontenot_j

Personal Text

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 12:14:26 PM »

I'm wanting to try the surrogator to get a quail population started on my land. Would you know where I might find a used surrogator? Thanks - Jonathan Fontenot - Eunice, La.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »