Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:04:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Hey SUZ!!!!!!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey SUZ!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2980 times)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« on: June 11, 2008, 09:42:28 AM »

What happen with the eggs that you ask us to identify that were suppose to be Valley eggs..Did they hatch and were they Valleys??????

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:26:25 AM »

No, you were right.   Surprised?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 12:04:02 PM »

Not Really....wish we could help her out...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Suz658
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »

Hi Slider & Wilder ...... Hows things??

The eggs were all infertile Jap's as was expected, but thankfully he cocked up his paypal account so I got my money back. I bought some Gambels & Cali 'Valley' eggs from a reputable breeder .... expensive @ $10 an egg but have now got 8/10 fertile Gambels growing and ??/18 (too early to candle) so fingers crossed I have chicks at the end of the month  :?:

I haven't read all posts that I've missed since visit ....... but Slider hows your Mountain x chicks getting on & have taken photo's of them yet? I've been telling everyone I know (quaillie folk) about your little hybrids, so there all waiting on an up date.

Speak soon

Suz  :grin:

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »

Things are good here...we been missing you...you about to get things back in order??? Get that 357 S&W mag. yet.. s020 Them little half breeds are doing really good  have not lost a one..and had 6 more hatch the other day..with about 18 more eggs in the oven...guess I am going to have to get me a camera one day...dont stay gone so long next time.. j2  GOOD LUCK with your Gambles and Valleys...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:41:57 PM by slider » Logged

Suz658
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 05:02:02 AM »

...we been missing you...you about to get things back in order???  

Awwwww thanks ..... I've been missing you too :wink:  I haven't been staying away by choice, just been up to my eyes ::) My friend owns the local hotel/bar, she went away on holiday leaving me in charge, so I've been playing at being barmaid, 2 shifts a day for the last fortnight ... so between doing real work, housework (ish)& seeing to birds beasts kids & chicks. I've have had no time for gassing on the forum :cry: ..... only nipped on last night after receiving an anonymous email begging for my return lol ..... OK it was quite begging :-[ but it was appreciated .. so thank you mystery quail person :grin:

Anyway Lorna's back on Friday, so I'll be able get back to my usual routine ie. playing with quail while sitting at laptop lol ... actually I must get the new pens put together, since I've got dismantled sheds & Aviary panels lying all over the place and it looks like I've missed the lovely weather ... its all gone dull & yuck again typical  ::)

Get that 357 S&W mag. yet.. s020

Nope :sad: ..... but Hubby's decided it wouldn't be wise to leave me in charge of any sort of weapon ...  :-|

Them little half breeds are doing really good ... guess I am going to have to get me a camera one day......

Oh that's super news, I'm so pleased there doing well ........ I wonder if they'll turn out as pretty as their daddies.  The Mountains are my favourite looking quail ... but again are as rare as hens teeth over here.  I've just ordered 'Handbook of Avian Hybrids of the World' By Eugene M. McCarthy, I'm interested to see if it possible to have a hybrid coturnix sp x Colinus .... I don't think it is but after your little mixes I want to know for sure lol.

...don't stay gone so long next time.. j2 

After this novel I bet you've changed your mind lol, Anyway must get on, still got to get changed & stick a face on before starting at 11am.  Thankfully this is nearly my last shift ..... 11-2pm then 6pm - 1am today & 2pm until Lorna's return tomorrow ... woohoo  j2

Take care

Suz  :?:

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 09:21:41 AM »

It is apparent that they are going to have a long top notch and they are kinda leggy..and since both parents have a rust and gray color on them they should be colored up nicely...just hope the other eggs hatch...she is still laying.. j15...glad your back and let me know if the book is a good one and I may try a copy...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 09:25:40 AM by slider » Logged

jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 11:05:07 AM »

Glad to see you're back as well! hope you're getting your birds back in order since the "issue" and get calmed down and enjoy the summer.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »