Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:26:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| | |-+  Opening Day of Dove Season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opening Day of Dove Season  (Read 3143 times)
AA Plantation
« on: September 01, 2007, 10:27:45 PM »

Today was opening day of dove season Sept. 1 2007. We had a great day of hunting and fellowship.
It started at 12pm with a BB-Q lunch and followed with everyone out in the field at 2:00. At 4:30PM everyone had a limit of doves and the field was closed.
After the hunt everyone sat around and talked about the day and memories from the past. We enjoyed some cool beverages and grilled some fresh doves.
The hunt was wonderfull and the fellowship with friends was splendid. Allowing the birds to come in and feed means we can do it all over again next Saturday.
Monday we will hunt a different field and I'll be taking the camera.
I had to hunt opening day as a tradition. The 410 SxS proved itself with a limit of doves in 22 shots.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 06:40:56 AM »

Today was opening day of dove season Sept. 1 2007. We had a great day of hunting and fellowship.
It started at 12pm with a BB-Q lunch and followed with everyone out in the field at 2:00. At 4:30PM everyone had a limit of doves and the field was closed.
After the hunt everyone sat around and talked about the day and memories from the past. We enjoyed some cool beverages and grilled some fresh doves.
The hunt was wonderfull and the fellowship with friends was splendid. Allowing the birds to come in and feed means we can do it all over again next Saturday.
Monday we will hunt a different field and I'll be taking the camera.
I had to hunt opening day as a tradition. The 410 SxS proved itself with a limit of doves in 22 shots.

Dale,

Did you take any picture of this event?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Britton Howe

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »

had a good opening day here in utah kinda slow at first until i found where the birds were feeding got my limit of ten.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »