Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:19:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  This place
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This place  (Read 3879 times)
Ted_in_Idaho

Personal Text

« on: October 14, 2011, 08:40:44 PM »

is about as dead as the elk I shot this morning?   c110 Does it ever pick up or is it doomed? I see quest all the time which are probably members that are not signed in.

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 02:48:22 PM »

Lots of us "old timers" moved on to other "hobbies".
Myself I got back into cars. I know others sold out/released the birds.
I'm down to a pair of Black Shoulder Peacocks & wondering if I should sell them. Only thing stopping me so far are my aviaries. Darn shame to leave them empty.
Young folk not getting into the "game" as in past times.
Lots of reason.
I do still check in a couple times a week though.....just not posting much.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:16:30 AM »

Well lets see a pic of that Elk you killed thats one thing that keeps a forum going . There are places on here to post just about anything. So lets see that Elk !!!!!

Hey Reeves ol buddy how is it going ???? Hope you are good...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Briar Hill Brittanys

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 11:13:57 AM »

Well......not dead.  I still maintain my birds, for training purposes.  Had a pretty raunchy year with hatch rates.  I return weekly to see what's going on, or research something of interest.  And I second the request for pictures.  Mark

Britts aren't big dogs, but there's more than enough room for all you want in devotion, intelligence, and a merry disposition. Britts live to please their hunting pals. Pick a bird cover from chukars to woodcock, they'll do the job for you with pleasure.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 01:03:47 PM »

Most answers if not 95% to new questions have been answered here, at one time or another, that can be looked up.

This board is more of a research board. I come on once a day as well to see what the last posted date was. If it needs attention and I can answer the question that hasn't been ask before I will answer it.

Hi Reeves, how ya doing, still in the natural gas business?

Best wishes until next time,

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »

Cool !
You are with out question putting your time in finding some very good animals !
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 08:29:34 PM »

is about as dead as the elk I shot this morning?   c110 Does it ever pick up or is it doomed? I see quest all the time which are probably members that are not signed in.

My opinion.......

Not as many people have the expendable cash they had a few years ago to take up the hobby. Bag of feed went from $8 a couple years ago to $18 today, and of course, electric has went way up, even the poultry wire is getting out of reach. Let alone everday expenses such as your own food, etc. It never was much of a money making or maybe not a "break even" proposition then, so it surely is a lot worse nowadays.

Has anybody bought a 100# bag of corn lately?  sk3

Myself......I just bought some land last year and have been busy with that.   :grin:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 08:43:02 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
DoubleL911
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »

Like wise, check in daily ,  Still raise lots of birds but contract grow only, most of my shooting preserves are 40% down due to the economy. Feed looks like it may be up as much as 30 % net year. Chang in hobbies now on the road hunting birds with my dogs.
  Larry
backyardquail

This place is going to the birds!

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 09:13:12 AM »

I still check in daily.  I was running a small setup in my backyard for the meat and eggs.  Due to feed and electric cost for heating I decided to shutdown for the winter and order some eggs in the spring.  Hopefully there will be some available! 

Backyard Quail
"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." - Victor Hugo
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »

ted looks like you have a real good place to hunt...That is some real nice Elk and Whitails..I know that you are eating good...I am getting back into some Bob`s this year but not many...Mostly Butler...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »