Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:56:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Wanted Chukars in Missouri
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wanted Chukars in Missouri  (Read 2376 times)
mark

« on: July 06, 2008, 01:17:34 PM »

I am looking for Adult Chukars or Chukar Eggs in Missouri.

Mark
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 01:45:34 PM »

How many, and when?

Also, do you care if they are 40% Red Leg, or would you prefer about 20%?

I don't know of any "Pure" Chukars in the area.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
mark

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 05:03:44 PM »

How many, and when?

Also, do you care if they are 40% Red Leg, or would you prefer about 20%?

I don't know of any "Pure" Chukars in the area.

Im looking for my neighbor Im not sure how many he wants and when, do you have any of them Wilder. There are different chukars, every catalog I have seen has only one type.

Mark
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 07:12:23 PM »

Most Chukars that are used for shooting, or dog training, are part French Red Leg Partridge.  They are about 1/2-3/4 pound smaller when full grown, than Chukars.  They are supposed to be wilder, and quicker at flush (something that isn't really lacking in Chukars, in my opinion.  The crosses are generally a compromise, or combination, depending on the %.

The Chukars might be more attractive, if raised strictly as meat birds, but they also eat more!

I'm in Kansas, now.  I will be going back home, Monday, or Tues. and could pick up a few eggs for you, on the way.  Those would be 20%, or just less.  Another source in Mo. has some that are closer to 40% Red Leg.  These are not at all small birds, either.  I have two left from last year, and they are right at 2 pounds.

If your friend is using the GQF cabinet, the capacity is about 350, in Pheasant 59 egg trays.  They are two large to fit in the Chuk-80 plastic Chukar trays, so the actual capacity is 354.  Eggs are a little higher, this year, about $.50 for that quantity, and it might be hard to find anyone with many more than that.

If you're thinking about buying adult birds for breeders, I doubt you'll get any.  Most are either winding down for the year, or are too young.  Anyone who would have adults in the dark, to stop egg production, probably wouldn't sell them at any price.  Otherwise, it looks like $7 each, and they will go up through the rest of the year.  Hope this helps, some, Jack

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »