Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:31:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Bird Dog Topics
| | |-+  Member's Hunting Companion type and traitsThis will be fun
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Member's Hunting Companion type and traitsThis will be fun  (Read 9558 times)
muttsburg
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2004, 03:03:51 PM »

Shorty - beagle, Husband calls her a "Packer" cause when you go hunting you have to pack a lunch waiting for her to bring the rabbit around. She's the perfect elderly hunters companion, nice and slow. The rabbits don't even bother heading for the hole and you shoot them while they are laughing at her  :lol:

Murphy - coydog (shephard/coyote), best squirel dog we ever had. She works them around the tree for a good shot and we've never lost a wounded one that fell out of the tree. She also retrieves like a pro. She's hell on vernin (coon, rats, chipmunks, woodchucks, bears, and Saint Bernards) We have been amazed at her loyalty and trust.
birdinwithblue
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2004, 06:15:42 PM »

1 english setter - 3 years old male named blue . not the best i'v had but gets the job done . we killed 89 quail last season .  :D 1 pointer 4 years old named scout . she never made it to the field got hit by a car . now shes a yard dog . broke her hip :(  1 english pointer  1 1/2 years old named emma showed alot of promise last year . let ya all know how things go this year . :?
ChogiJoe
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004, 07:20:23 PM »

Cross my Pryce puppy off the NSTRA list, she got to playing to hard with the other dogs and tore a ligament in her shoulder, So now I'm down to 2 spoiled rotten dogs that don't hunt.!!! :?
bird dog
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2004, 09:10:27 PM »

CoCo 2.5 years GSP
Duke 1.5 years GSP
Queen 11 month GSP
Spot and Dot  3 weeks GSP
If I get any more dogs, wife will file for divorce. (gonna miss her)
Would like to have a Britt, Springer and Setter but it aint  going to happen. Raised up with english pointers. Switched to GSP's
HATE labs!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »