Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:09:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  quail roundup
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: quail roundup  (Read 2724 times)
potshooter

« on: May 20, 2004, 11:53:36 PM »

I have really enjoyed all the information that has been passed along on this forum.  Due to all the great advice we have managed to hatch out about 2,000 bobwhite quail on our first try.  They're now 8 weeks old and doing great.   We put about 1,000 of them in the flight pen and we had our first critter attack.  A coon, we spent must of today catching quail that got out, do to the hole that the coon made.  Our pet dog ,who we didn't think was very smart ( he is part cow dog and beagle) has decided to become a retriever, he caught about 3 quail and  brought them to us in his mouth and never hurt them, the only problem is when he gets close to use he drops them and you have to chase the quail again.  After chasing quail all day I walked into my kitchen and low and behold sitting in front of the ice box is a quail.lol Now if that wasn't the easiest one to catch yet. Only four or five more left to catch.  In the first few hours that the quail is out we have figured it takes 3 adults, one very hyper three year old child, 2 dogs, and about six nets to catch a quail.lol :lol:
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »