Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  I Got Lucky
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I Got Lucky  (Read 8697 times)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« on: May 21, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »

A friend of mine called the other day and said that her sister had a couple of quail cages that she wanted to give away because she was cleaning up her back yard. Of course I said yes , so she told me where she lives which is only about 12mi. from me. When I got there she had 12 holes of rabbit cages 30inx30in.x18in. with all the feeders and waters in each cage. When I got that loaded up on my trailer she ask me did I want that 10ftx10ftx6ft chain link portable dog pen and would I like that 22 sheets of like new gal. roofing tin 36inx12ft long . Well when I got all of that loaded she said she had 5 or 6 gal plastic waters and 5 or 6 metal chick feeders that I could have if I wanted them..Well hello...yes I do...and as I was starting to get into my truck she said wait a minute I have something else you may want. It was a 18ftx14ftx8ft. tall Aluminum 1 in. square tubing Avery that her husband had framed up and never put the netting on it. I said...are you kidding me..she said no I just want this stuff out of my yard and if you can use it, it is yours. Needless to say, that was my LUCKY day and I thanked her VERY MUCH...Man what a find...just thought that I would share this with you...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:53:47 AM »

WOW..... Some guys have all the luck

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »

Yes, but:

What happens when her husband finds out?

Better change your name, quick.  (Reeves II might be good)

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:34:35 AM »

She said that he was working off shore and wanted to get rid of all that stuff before he got back......O and I forgot to add the 14 metal T-post...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Circle J Poultry

Just an ole rooster!

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 12:14:55 PM »

Maybe you should have stuck around a while longer.  There's no telling what else she would have lt you have.

Just trying to make it!
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »

t15

s020
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 12:50:13 PM »

How does everyone but me fall into stuff like that????!!!! s80
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 05:26:45 PM »

Maybe you should have stuck around a while longer.  There's no telling what else she would have lt you have.

("See a Dr. and get rid of it.")

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 05:40:23 PM »

Hey Wilder.....I ever tell you about the almost free boat/motor and trailer I got ?

(ask via PM if not  :grin:  :angel: )
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 10:13:06 PM »

She was to pretty to fool with this ol man... s020  And I had really rather have all that stuff..It last longer... s020

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 11:52:58 PM »

Your wisdom amazes me, continually.

Except that "too pretty" part.  That makes me think you may have missed a lesson, or two about girls.  Even vegetarian, Burkenstock wearing hippie girls always liked battle scars better than GQ effeminate types.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 06:40:28 AM »

Congrats on the luck s98 You know the old saying. All good things come to those that wait. It's just that some of us haven't waited long enough.

Post some pictures of the goodies j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
GSP4

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 07:38:58 AM »

congrats. slider! That was some very good luck! 
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 09:41:22 AM »

She said that he was working off shore and wanted to get rid of all that stuff before he got back

Good deal slider!     Although it sounds to me that there's more to this than is being told. My wife had might as well pack her stuff and find a new place too if she were to ever pull such a stunt!   ^-^  But than again, I know some guys that had better not even stop and get gas in their car without prior approval.   s47

How does everyone but me fall into stuff like that????!!!!

Reeves is covered with it.

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 10:36:15 AM »

Reeves is covered with it.

:grin:
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »