Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:49:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Dumping of domestic animals
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dumping of domestic animals  (Read 7941 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 07:09:04 AM »

I now have a black cat that has been dump on my property. None of the neighbors claim to own it. So needles to say, the dogs will have a field day with it.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 07:33:46 AM »

Here is a picture of the black hen on the deck this morning trying to come in the house.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 07:37:54 AM »

.....and here is the hen again eating bird food with one of my dogs looking on. Again, this chicken does not belong to me.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

murphys42002

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 08:14:39 AM »

That chicken wouldn't have a chance with my lab!!! He would snatch it up in about 6 seconds and eat it in I'll bet 42.I made the mistake of letting him out while the quail were out.NOT GOOD He got one. One crunch and a swallow.Ticked me off.

Now cats on the other hand.HMM he wont go near them.The one that found our house is smart!!! I've tried trapping him a couple times.My pup pointed it out once but I didnt have my gun on me so he got away that time.So I think he might be able to hang out aslong as my quail don't come up missing.How it found us I have no idea.We live a mile away from any road and I have 2 cats of my own.They aren't friends but they don't fight either so its not hurting anything.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 09:44:37 AM »

I can take all of my dogs into the pheasant pen and all they will do is check them out. They will not harm them. The birds that are running around the property don't even get hassled..., but if I put on an orange coat or have a shotgun in my hand, all bets are off. Thats when they know it is time to get down and dirty.

I have even used the dogs in the pen to heard the birds to one section so I can put them into crates and then the dogs just hold them there until I am done loading up.

A funny thing happened last year, I hadn't noticed that I left one of the GSP in the pen and had left. I heard the dog barking two hours later. Not one bird was ruffled. Now that takes commitment on the dogs part. I figured at least 15-20 birds dead.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »