Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:00:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Propagation - Advanced Science
| | |-+  (Cree rooster) ..Chicken..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Cree rooster) ..Chicken..  (Read 6530 times)
birddog
Expert Member

« on: February 21, 2008, 08:09:58 PM »

I know this is not that chicken place  :grin: :grin: but I saw a picture in one of the bird books I have of a what they called a Cree rooster. beautiful bird. my first thought was wow wouldn't those feathers be great for fly tying. low and behold upon further investigation thats the whole idea.  I found  they are a cross breed and are a very rare occurrence. does anyone know anything about this cross. I have some ideas about possible candidates. I think it would be an interesting project.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
hunter3015

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:20:35 PM »

Birddog

i believe this is the chicken your looking for crele not cree

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Penes/BRKPenes.html

I never have tied any flies but does look like some good featehrs

Hunter

Bad day hunting is better then a good day at work.
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 06:25:34 PM »

I think that you can get them from Ideal Poultry in Texas. They also carry much longer tailed Bantam games, such as the Cubalaya.  Just google Ideal Poultry. They probably carry more Bantam breeds then any other supplier, theirs, not someone elses.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 10:44:08 PM »

I do tie flies, and bought 1/2 a Cree Hoffman cape in the 80's. Beautiful flaming gold, orange,brown, long and silky, and only $125.00, 23 years ago.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 11:09:12 PM »

.... bought 1/2 a Cree Hoffman cape, and only $125.00, 23 years ago.

::)

My golly!   :-o   My suspicions have been confirmed......I'm moving northwest!   At least the $4000 Grand Champion chicken at the County Fair still had it's meat and all it's feathers!!   Now that's rich!

^-^

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 08:52:39 AM »

Come on up C.H., I'm sure we can find a spot in this LITTLE Province for someone with your mechanical abilities.
Maybe we could raise fancy Chickens
 c110                                                 a31

j41

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »