Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:43:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  One Tough Chick
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One Tough Chick  (Read 2583 times)
JRHUNTER
« on: July 22, 2004, 09:03:32 PM »

I just got 144 ringneck eggs from across the country and put them in the incubator. I came back about 6 hours later to check the humidity and 1 chick was hatching. The hatchery told me a hen must have been sitting on an egg that they didnt see and incubated it for me, then they found it and shipped it. That chick was unheated for over 48 hours at the post office and it is still hatching right now. That's one heck of a pheasant chick.
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 09:42:52 PM »

Congrats on your lucky chick.  I would of course question the reliability of a breeder/shipper who would allow an egg (that is for sale) to sit in a breeder pen for 20+ days before shipping.......I will keep my fingers crossed regarding the hatchability of the remainder of the eggs from this shipper.

David
JRHUNTER
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 10:09:37 PM »

I was thinking the same thing so I cracked open about 5 eggs in random spots and they were all fresh. I gave the breeder a call and he thought it was amazing. He seems to be a pretty good guy and they eggs look good so I think I'll be happy over all. And on the plus side I can have a little practice on raising this chick before the rest hatch because Ive never hatched out pheasants before.
birdinwithblue
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 11:11:04 PM »

i'd have to name that chick surprise lol.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »