Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:18:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Ok to put quail droppings in the vegitable garden?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ok to put quail droppings in the vegitable garden?  (Read 16228 times)
Jbirdt
« on: March 21, 2007, 07:07:31 PM »

Anyone know if its ok to put quail droppings in the vegitable garden?I have quite a pile behind my barn from the quails over the winter.Just wanted to be sure its safe Thanks Jason
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 07:10:04 PM »

We use all our droppings in our garden.  Great fertilizer.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
sp2207
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »

i used it last year  in the garden 
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 11:51:23 PM »

I like it best composted for 6 months or so.
Jbirdt
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 06:06:11 PM »

Thanks guys just wanted to make sure I wasnt going to make the family sick  :angel:
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 10:08:46 PM »

We use the droppings to spread over our garden in the spring before we till it under.  You'll have some beautiful tomatoes among other things in the summer.  The only thing when adding the droppings to your garden you dont want to put it around your plants' stems directly unless you keep it watered or cover it with dirt.  The nitrogen will burn certain types of plants if put on directly and sun hits it for a while.  I have people that come here asking to buy this stuff.  After a brief sanitizing process I let them help themselves to under my pens.  Keeps it nice and clean at no expense to me.  Probably could sell it if I wanted but I'm happy with a clean pen!

Want to see and smell something sick?  Many farms around here are putting biosolids on their fields instead of fertilizer.  The cows eat the grass-you eat the beef and drink the milk--you get the idea.  The biosolids are human waste coming from the big cities such as New York.  You can smell it for miles.....

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 07:38:24 AM »

Want to see and smell something sick?  Many farms around here are putting biosolids on their fields instead of fertilizer.  The cows eat the grass-you eat the beef and drink the milk--you get the idea.  The biosolids are human waste coming from the big cities such as New York.  You can smell it for miles.....

Larry

In Germany, they used to pump all of their sewage onto their gardens and fields.  The whole place constantly smelled like the bottom half of a septic tank. I don't know if this is still a common practice or not.     :laugh:

SWEET!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
chrisflores_123

I am a Tree Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 12:19:34 AM »

Even we recommend our customers to make use of droppings. In some cases it acts as the best fertilizer that is needed. Still if you are unsure of using it for your tree kindly take a suggestion from a tree professional or a certified arborist.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »