Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:50:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  duck pen
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: duck pen  (Read 10879 times)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 10:58:43 PM »

Muscovies are bad to fly off and sometimes stay mine used to leave every morning and come back at dusk and finally they did not come back at all. That 6x6 pond is way to small. It is going to be a mud hole ans stink like HOLLY HE!!. Ducks are nasty and need mega room.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 11:32:30 PM »

I think glennbob had the right idea.

You obviously haven't priced pea gravel, or plan to use other peoples money to "spread the wealth" toward you.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
quaildude247

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 09:13:30 AM »

slider, i'll be draining the pond like every 2 weeks so it wont smell. i think thats enough room someone told me that u need 30 sq/ft per mature bird so for 10 ducks that would need a 300sq/ft area, I calqulated the floor space and its 396 sq/ft. so thats more than enough thanks though
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 09:22:05 AM »

OK that is fine. There is nothing like learning from your experiences. I will tell you this if you wait 2 weeks to drain the pond your going to have to do it with a shovel.Good Luck with your Ducks they are lots of fun.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 10:49:06 AM »

slider, i'll be draining the pond like every 2 weeks so it wont smell. i think thats enough room someone told me that u need 30 sq/ft per mature bird so for 10 ducks that would need a 300sq/ft area, I calqulated the floor space and its 396 sq/ft. so thats more than enough thanks though

Glad to hear you have it all figured out.     s98

Sounds like you have alot of work to do and it's getting/is cold here.   s16

How are you going to change the water in the "pond"?  Dump it? Pump it? Syphon it?

What source are you getting your water from?   Is it from a public water system?

a31

quaildude247

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 11:06:15 AM »

slider, good to know s020 every week? and charlie horse yes i would drain the pond with a pump and im getting the water from the hose
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 11:22:59 AM »

im getting the water from the hose

Duh!?      :grin:     

Don't tell me that you're running for president too?    :evil:     .........or voting.   ^-^

Is it well water, pond water, rain water, septic water, flouridated water, bottled water, river water, swamp water, or public (city) water?

^-^
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:24:44 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

quaildude247

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 01:11:35 PM »

j45       lol well water
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »