Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:20:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  wire for off the ground pens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wire for off the ground pens  (Read 4614 times)
birdman182
« on: June 22, 2004, 10:48:09 AM »

what does everyone use for the bottom of there pens
EdenFarm
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 12:26:50 PM »

Right now I am using a poly material from BF products but when it needs replaced I will be using wire. Jack
frager
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 12:39:08 PM »

IVE ALWAYS USED 1/2" HARDWARE CLOTH...GOOD FOR QUAIL AT LEAST 3WKS AND OLDER....BEST PART ABOUT IT, SELF CLEANING..
DDWBeagles
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 02:30:40 PM »

Since it's summer and fairly warm at night, my 5 week old pheasants have been transferred out of the brooder, where they were running out of space to an outdoor coop.  I know pheasants do well raised on the ground, but the coup has a floor made of 1/4" hardwire cloth.  In retrospec, 1/2" may of been better, as some of the poop remains on top of the wire, until I wash it through or they trample it through.  
For my next coup, I'm going to try the 2'x4' polymax platic floor grates, sold by Farmtek.  I use them and some from a competitor (Double-L) with great success in my dog kennels.  The ones from Double-L are far better, but cost three times as much, and for birds, I don't need to support a lot of weight.
komori35
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 05:58:13 PM »

quarter inch wire on top of the half inch wire bottom (i had to put it in cuz their feet kept slipping through).

-komori
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »