Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  Problems with making brooders
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Is it difficult to build quail brooder for 1000 quail chicks?
Build It Yourself - 5 (100%)
Broodering areas - 0 (0%)
Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problems with making brooders  (Read 6105 times)
Tiyna

« on: August 21, 2007, 06:51:19 AM »

Hi!  I decided to go in for  quail production seriously. Now I have 750 female and 150 mail quail. They laying about 560 – 570 eggs per day. And I want to increase my business, in particular I want to raise quail for meat too.   There is a problem. After 12 days my quail chicks will hatch out. But I have not any brooder for them. If you have any idea, please give me some suggestions and instructions about home made brooders. It would be very nice if you give me instructions of building raised based (battery) brooder for 1000 yang quail.  Thanks. 
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:55:32 AM »

It never ceases to amaze me that people jump into production and have nothing set up or ready.

The question you asked should have been asked prior to your venture. That is like bring home a newborn from the hospital and having nothing set up for the baby.

Planing, money, and time is needed on this type of operation. Where are the birds being housed now? Were the original birds chicks or adults?

In this short amount of time until your hatch, I would say you are S.O.L.

Again another new member that doesn't fill out a profile...

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 06:53:53 PM »

That many chicksy ou need some gqf battery brooders
 ou need some gqf battery brooders

Also You can make some

sugar run gamebirds

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 07:35:23 PM »

this still falls back to my post about a month ago or so.that i never understand how people think.do they buy a dog take it home with no food or water? do they buy a car without checking around?or do they go on vacation without planning it? the only thing they hurt are the birds they are bringing into this world.poor little fellas............

Lenny
 Sugar Run Gamebirds

Tennessee red,Mexican speckled, and bobwhite quail,chukar,ringneck pheasants

be careful what you say about a mans wife and kids but be DAMN careful what you say about his bird dogs......
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 07:54:29 PM »

I decided to go in for  quail production seriously

oxymoron

I am not able to advise you. Don't do quantity (battery), just quality. I also plan several years ahead when dealing with birds.

Best advice I am able to give you, remove the eggs from the incubator. Plan a great deal more before you fire it up again.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 07:58:54 PM by Reeves » Logged
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 10:56:53 PM »

Okay I have been guilty of this myself here but lets stop and look at our post on this a little. This is a site for helping others learn how to raise gamebirds, help them with problems and to help them with good ideas on pens/ cages for their birds. We are always jumping down others throat for not knowing something that we think is a basic step. She or He has 12 days to make a brooder or these birds are going to be in trouble. We are here because we love our birds now lets try and help someone out instead of making them feel like idiots. Think back to when you was just starting out from a small private flock and trying to go commerical, it was a scary thing and you had alot of things not quiet answered about how to do it on such a massive scale. Then as time went on you found the little tricks that helped make it easier for you and of what scale they needed to be. Evidentally if she or he has almost 600 eggs being layed and 900 birds they know a little about raising birds and have been doing something right. Now our job on this forum is to help them out a little on the right foot. This is only my opinion and take it how you want to but it is not intended to ruffle anyones feathers or cause any problems. TIYNA I wish you the best of luck keeping them alive and I would seriously get busy building as you do not have much time. There is a lot of brooders here to view and with plans if you do a search for brooders that might get you going on the path you need to be on. In the future always be 3 steps ahead of whats going to happen next so it goes alot smother.
murphys42002

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 11:49:50 PM »

Well I'm that IDIOT!!!

My last truck was bought looking out the window of the dealer never once walking out to look at it.Actualy it was a trade in from that day.A really good deal! I am still driving it today with 265000 miles and it hasn't had a major problem.

Birds..... I bought 120 quail in june. I bought the feeder, waterer,heat lamp and food on the way home.I put them in a box to start and only lost 3 by the time i put them in there flight pen!!! I found THAT QUAIL PLACE within a couple days and I am set to get 200 more in a couple weeks.

My Dog.... LOL I called the guy on the phone and it was his last one but the color I wanted.@.5 hrs later we had our pup.To our delight it has udabar lines!!! Go look up Udabar's koonas. GOOOOOOOOOOOOD Dog

Vacation.... LMAO Camping in Sedona in July!!! It rained every day.We'll never forget it.Great time!

Murf

WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 12:07:26 AM »

Same here Murf some of the best vacations we ever had was loading the kids up and taking off for a wekend or week with no idea where we was going or what we was going to do just knew we was going in a certain direction s,n,e,w. Best dog I ever had was found beside the road with a for free sign on it. When you plan everything to the tee you forget to have fun cause your to worried about getting off schedule.  I have a 85 ford f-350 disel that we just 250k on last month and never had to do nothing but minor upkeep. So I guess that we are with you in the idiot boat as well lol. You know the more steps you put into things the more complex it becomes and the results always seem to suffer.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 03:35:42 AM »

WHITNEYPLU,

Learn to resize your pictures. It would make it easier to read the post.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 01:16:59 PM »

The size was intentional. Just showing detail.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »