Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Humidaire Egg Incubator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Humidaire Egg Incubator  (Read 13648 times)
mark

« on: May 02, 2008, 10:46:52 PM »

Does anyone know anything about them, I googled and cant get any sites with pics. I guy has one on Craiglist for $900 was wondering if its worth it or way too high of a price.

mark
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 11:09:06 PM »

Doesn't sound like a bargain, unless it's one of their walk-in sizes.  Nearly everything they built was sturdy, which means heavy.  Also, it could be expensive to operate for just a few hundred eggs.  Is it in Mo.?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
mark

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:29:17 PM »

I got the info from a buddy who sent an email about it. I was going to check it on Craigs List

Mark

Here is what I found,

40 egg incubator was used for ostrich but can be used for pheasent, quail, pigeon etc. It is in excellent condition. We have 2 that can be purchased seperately.

so its its 2 of them for $900
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 11:35:51 PM by mark » Logged
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 02:29:01 AM »

OK, are they Redwood?  Does the main body of the incubator tilt back and forth.  If not do racks inside tilt back and forth?  Is tilt motor operated?  Is there a timer for turner?  Does it have digital read out of Temperature, and Humidity?  Does it have the round wafer thermostats?

Depending on the answers you get, and location they may be a pretty good deal.  If they are the Redwood type that tilt on an exterior frame, they are pretty old.  Going price in excellent condition seems to be about $500.  I have passed on these at $400, but I like "Reeves type" deals, and have incubators.  If they are rectangular cabinets with automatic turning racks $500 would please me, if I needed an incubator.  Some of these heat with circulating hot water.  They maintain temperature well, but heat up slowly.  If they happen to have electronic controls, and true humidifier, they are probably a good deal.  Of course a $500 freight bill will change that pretty quick.

I have three incubators that were built for Ostrich.  They held 70 eggs.  They will hold exactly 3000 Chukar, or Georgia Giant eggs.  About 2000 Pheasant.   Bobwhite egg capacity has yet to be determined, but is at least 6000.  You can figure the ones you're looking at to be around 1500, 1,000, and 3,000, respectively, but maybe a little less, depending on actual dimensions, and interior shape.  If you run them 3/4 full plus, they should be fairly efficient.  If they require distilled water for the humidifier, count on $100 per setting for electricity, and water.  Since they were designed for Ratites, it is hard to get humidity in mine high enough for Quail. It can be done in small enclosure.

Try to get the seller to send pictures, and try to find out how long they have been trying to sell them.  Get location, too, of course.  I bet you can only haul one in a pickup.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 06:08:36 AM »

Humidaire incubator/hatchers are cedar, insulated with styrofoam. They were manufactured in Ohio. The company went out of business, I think in 2003-4.

Parts as hard to get and costly if you find them.

I just got done making my own water trough, no one had one.

Unless you get it for free, stay way from it.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 06:31:12 AM »

This is the Humidaire that I have. It was an emu incubator that was left on the property that I purchased. It only had one egg try. It will hold in all three trays over 700 pheasant eggs as a hatcher. I use two 1502's as my incubators.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 06:36:34 AM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
lilcheeps

Personal Text

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 05:49:56 PM »

suuny creek farms has all the parts manuals and can tell you anything you want to know about them
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »