Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:36:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Generally Asked Questions
| | |-+  eggs for consumption
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: eggs for consumption  (Read 3279 times)
Danman

Personal Text

« on: July 12, 2010, 07:40:04 PM »

Two questions, I check the pen everyday but for the past few days there were no eggs, today I found a new hidding spot. It has been hot so I tossed the eggs, however what is acceptable time before they are collected for human cunsumption?

Also I have been pickeling the eggs and freinds and family cannot get enough, however I was busy and have some that have been in the fridge for two or more weeks. What is an acceptable time for keeping eggs in the fridge?

Thanks in advance!
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 10:25:53 PM »

In this heat 2 or 3 times a day if possible. If not once a day will do as long as they are not sitting in the sun... Two weeks in the frig they will be ok as long as they do not have a crack in them.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Danman

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:28:54 AM »

Thanks Slider,
Yea its hot but I moved the hutch to shade. Only two weeks in the fridge? With pickeling its best to boil them after 10 days for peeling. Leaves a short window.
I do love Emrils spicy recipie that I took up the heat! 7 types of peppers
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »