Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:07:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Eggs?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eggs?  (Read 9576 times)
Jerms
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2004, 04:27:17 PM »

Yesterday I got my first egg from my batch of quail that I hatched last August!   :D   These are the first quail I've ever raised and I keep them outside all the time with no artificial light so I wasn't surprised about them not laying yet.  Anyway, I was just wondering if this is a bit early in the year for northern Illinois?  I wasn't really expecting any until late May or early June.

JC
Redhorse
Expert Member

!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2004, 12:10:25 AM »

Got my first egg today so I guess not! Northern Illinois isn't much different from here. Hopefully the local wild Turkeys are starting to get fired up. Need to hear some gobbling. :)

Shotgun, bird dog, 4X4!!!!!
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2004, 06:15:20 PM »

Got my second egg today. Lookin' good! 8)

Shotgun, bird dog, 4X4!!!!!
MaDHaTTer
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2004, 06:22:11 PM »

They must be teasing me !!!!
last week I started getting 6 aday for the last two days I am getting 8 so maybe there fixin to bust loose
ROLF
Jerms
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2004, 11:52:45 AM »

Yesterday we had some friends over for Sunday dinner so I took him out to see my quail.  Lo and behold, there was a REALLY fresh one.  It was still warm!  Just a little while ago my 6 year old called me to tell me that #3 was laid this morning after I left for work.  Sounds like they're starting to crank up!
Can you tell if there's a yolk by candling them?  They appear to be clear to me but I didn't break them.  Also, how long until they should start being fertile?

JC
deadeye1

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2004, 12:24:34 AM »

Quote from: birdguychris
Well, I live in Western Washington (state), and my bobs have been laying strong for a month now. We had four days where the temps were in the mid 70's a month ago, and thats what started them laying. Even through 40 degree days and 30 degree nights for weeks. I have 12 hens and I am getting 11 eggs per day. Pheasants started laying early for me too.
I live in northern Indiana and got 2 eggs from 4 hens the last day in april,so the cold weather must be a factor

I was on this forum before,But some how i lost my idenity
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »