Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:21:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  new member from central Texas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new member from central Texas  (Read 3099 times)
canderson

« on: June 13, 2009, 08:16:38 PM »

Hello to everyone!!! I built a 12x12 brooder house with a 12x60 flight pen for raising quail. I am new but eager to learn. This forum has been extremely helpful and I appreciate all info. I would have liked to had my birds on wire,however the price is so bad for wire around here that I will start on the ground. Thanks to all who answered my dumb questions. P.S there may be more coming! We used to have a lot of quail  on our ranches and farms, however, the fire ants,roadrunners, hawks, and mother nature have depleted the population to almost none. So, I decided to try to raise some on my own, we may hunt them or just enjoy the taste on the grill.
thanks again
Carol Anderson
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:38:41 PM »

s016 sounds like you already have a good start and what kind of quail are you raising?

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
bucking-horse

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 11:14:39 PM »

Birds on the ground isn t bad thats where the wild ones grow.Dont have to many in the pen when you move all the birds out till the groung up good  I spray  mine out with bleach let it sun dry.When I raised quail in the late 90s my flight pens were all on the ground my birds were all good flyers .I had 6 flight pens 20 ft. by 150ft 12 by 20 brooder rooms at the ends.I moved to another place some old family land its been in our family sence the 1800 s.Now I am starting all over new pens & buildings.Slow go but I will get there.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   good luck chris in southwest ga.

chris williams
canderson

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 07:03:56 PM »

Northern Bob White to start with,but would like to try the A&M hybrid versions.
greyghost
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 12:52:14 AM »

Canderson,  s016 from the Ghost!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »