Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:38:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Barn cats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Barn cats  (Read 9286 times)
Sterling-Ranch

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2004, 03:59:13 PM »

We need a good thread on Johnny Houses.  There used to be a guy here who knew all about them.
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 08:55:17 AM »

We should just start the thread and see what happens. What discussion should it be under? :?:

Shotgun, bird dog, 4X4!!!!!
Fivehollers
Expert Member

Miss Hannah Mae Pike

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2004, 09:19:38 AM »

Alright folks,  we have been raising Quail for 3 years now and I have never heard of a "johnny house". Sorry for the ignorance but could you please tell me what that is, cause the picture in my mind is not, I am sure, what it is. Although in Gays, Illinois there is a two story outside "john".  :lol: its a big attraction for the tourists.  :wink:  Anyhoo...fill me in alright.  :shock:

Five Hollers Quail Farm
Sterling-Ranch

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2004, 09:40:34 AM »

A Johnny House is a quail recall system where you have a free standing structure with a method of keeping some of the quail penned while other quail can be released.  The penned quail will call the others back the Johnny House.  Usually there is a funnel system where quail can get in but not get out.  A lot of the ones I've seen do resemble an outhouse  :lol:
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2004, 02:54:34 PM »

If I could post pics directly onto this site I would put some on here of my J-house. Finished the one I was working on yesterday. Making the feeders now. Hey Trailboss...did you ever build a set of those less mess feeders out of PVC? I've got the feeder done, but still have to get some of those water nipples. Used 4" pipe, will see how they work. Might use 6" on the next ones. Have the materials here to build one more J-house, will probably start on it next week.:P

Sterling-Ranch

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 03:12:40 PM »

Red Horse - you can use photobucket.com to host photos for free I believe.  Not sure if that's what you meant by not being able to post onto the site.  If you already have them hosted somewhere I can show you how to post them here.  I would like to see them.
britguy33
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 10:33:12 PM »

check this web site. For recall and jonny house plans

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Forest/3030/recall.htm
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2004, 10:16:54 AM »

Quote from: Red Horse
If I could post pics directly onto this site I would put some on here of my J-house. Finished the one I was working on yesterday. Making the feeders now. Hey Trailboss...did you ever build a set of those less mess feeders out of PVC? I've got the feeder done, but still have to get some of those water nipples. Used 4" pipe, will see how they work. Might use 6" on the next ones. Have the materials here to build one more J-house, will probably start on it next week.:P

No, I haven't had time to do such a deed............yet.  I have to get some work done to the house before my wife puts me out with the birds or I'm going to end up in the ___t house!  Would like to know how yours works out though, maybe you could post some pics of them when you get them finished??  Thanks

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2004, 05:24:01 PM »

I have been able to post pics directly onto every other site I've ever been on except this one. Never used anything like photo bucket and don't really want to. Seems like we should be able to put pics directly onto this site without the go between. Anyhoo, might put them on one of the other sites and then copy the URL over to here. Don't know how pics of quail in a J-H will fly on a Home Brew or 4X4 Off Road site but what the heck. If you want...E-Mail me, and I'll send the pics to you directly. Just put something about Johnny house in the Subject.

Trailboss, I need 4 of those watering nipples. Didn't you say a while back you had about a dozen or so? Might road trip down Athens way for a trade. What do ya say?

:roll:
Ok, I put 3 pics of my first J-house on the offroad site my buddy roped me into. Don't have pics of the one I just built yet, it's a little different.

http://www.offroadworld.net/gallery/RedHorse/116672.jpg
http://www.offroadworld.net/gallery/RedHorse/116671.jpg
http://www.offroadworld.net/gallery/RedHorse/116673.jpg

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »