Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  went to farm......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: went to farm......  (Read 19678 times)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 11:08:24 AM »

::)       :grin:

birdlover17/18-1/2,    

Have you done any research on how much pastry's and Pastry Chefs are in demand around the area in NC in which you expect to retire yourself?   My "uneducated guess" would be that there is a huge difference between NY and where ever it is you'd be in the Carolinas?   I would also guess that a "reknown" Pastry Chef status would take several years to establish? Maybe not.   :-|

Good Luck!!

a31
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:12:33 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 01:08:44 PM »

::)       :grin:

birdlover17/18-1/2,    

Have you done any research on how much pastry's and Pastry Chefs are in demand around the area in NC in which you expect to retire yourself?   My "uneducated guess" would be that there is a huge difference between NY and where ever it is you'd be in the Carolinas?   I would also guess that a "reknown" Pastry Chef status would take several years to establish? Maybe not.   :-|

Good Luck!!

a31

Hey Charlie,

No i haven't but i'll be sure to look at that.  Yes there is a big difference between ny and nc, but i really would be much happier in carolina than ny. Its not about the fact that i
ll make probably more money in NY, i just want to be happy and NY doesn't fit that bill for me.  To be an excellent pastry chef it does take years to accomplish, but just a regular one doesn't. 
            Thanks Charlie i appreciate it!!!  :wink:       

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2008, 06:02:37 AM »

Pastry Chefs in the South are narrowed down to making Donuts!!!!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2008, 10:43:24 AM »

Same here.   It's called "McHappys Donuts".  The owner of the place owns his own island and 6000 acre ranch. I heard he was only 23 years old.  Amazing huh?

Then we have "White Castles" , they sell miniature hamburgers, which everyone  calls "sliders".    :grin:   That's no joke.

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »

CH your just so funny... s020

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »

Crispy Creme, yummmmmm  !!   

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
ode2god
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2008, 01:27:30 AM »

i know a good recipe for pineapple upside down cake...i think the quail might like it too c181
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2008, 02:59:32 AM »

a good recipe for pineapple upside down cake

That's kind of like certain other things, hard to remember a bad one, as long as it's not burned, half raw, or too tart.

On the other hand, give me a holler when it's ready my waistband isn't cutting me in half, yet.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 04:22:31 AM »

Same here.   It's called "McHappys Donuts".  The owner of the place owns his own island and 6000 acre ranch. I heard he was only 23 years old.  Amazing huh?

Then we have "White Castles" , they sell miniature hamburgers, which everyone  calls "sliders".    :grin:   That's no joke.

Those were called Belly Bombers in NY. After you ate a 1/2 dozen, and the after taste of onions, you were on the move with the trotts.  s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2008, 09:58:43 AM »

s6

^-^    s020

Those were called Belly Bombers in NY. After you ate a 1/2 dozen, and the after taste of onions, you were on the move with the trotts.

s020

I have to drive 50 miles or so to get them. So I buy the Jalapeno cheeseburgers by the "Crave Case", that's 30 at a time.   :-o   Just having them in the car will leave a stench for about a week. But boy are they good!  Sometimes it's best to eat about 15-20 of them the day before you go to work, but only if you need to get even with any fellow employees..... :grin: ...........so they say.   :angel:   :wink:

Slider, here ya go:

http://www.whitecastle.com/_pages/menu.asp?menu=sandwiches

.....and you probably thought I was full of it for some odd reason?    :evil:

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2008, 10:12:53 AM »

CH I would never think you were full of it... j45 j44 j41  Jalapeno my favorite with lots of onions ,extra cheese and Cajun mustard....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »