Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:27:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  mixing birds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mixing birds  (Read 3704 times)
jaime7997
Expert Member

« on: March 31, 2008, 08:59:43 PM »

Question... I know I've read that it's not recommended to mix different varieties of quail together. How about Tenn. Reds and N. Bobwhites? Didn't know if they could be raised together since the big difference only lies in the color... Any input is appreciated!
Thanks!
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 10:11:17 PM »

No problem if you are talking about hatching the eggs together and raising them together. Some breeders will cross breed them...which I hate.. s80

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 11:34:38 AM »

Thanks. I figured it would be ok. Thought I would ask... I hadn't even thought about anything other than the Northern BW but saw some T.R.'s and thought, well, they were cool too. Who knows. Variety is the spice of life, right?? s020
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 11:58:44 AM »

T.R. are cool..I really like them and they are super fast fliers...Good Luck with them

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:14:11 PM »

Cool. I might get 1/2 and 1/2 when I order my eggs.
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »

Hello All, I've got 300+ of a mixture of Ten Red, white bob's, mex. speck's, and butlers all in the same cage.  They were all moved into the same pen about 100 in each group raised together.  I moved the 3 groups into my grow-out pens but ALL were moved into it at the same time so none of them had "senority" so they were all introduced to the new pen at the same time so they all got along and din't fight at all.  If you just gonna mix them just make sure you have an extra pen for them to be moved all at the same time. The 3 batches of 100+ are each a week apart and were moved together AT THE SAME TIME. They will fight if you add differant birds into a pen where some have been in already so most likely they will fight. The coturnix how ever always get along so it don't matter.Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »