Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:12:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  How many eggs do you think will hatch?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many eggs do you think will hatch?  (Read 5247 times)
Zego

Personal Text

« on: January 28, 2010, 12:32:20 PM »

Hello  s144

I am from Europe and where I live I cant find any bobwhite quail breeder so I want to buy 100 or 250 bobwhite hatching eggs from USA. My question is what do you think how many eggs will hatch knowing that its going to take around 30 days for eggs to arrive in my country. If I hope for 40%-50% hatch rate is this reality or just my dream?   dk2 

Thanks for help  ty2
TENNESSERED

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »

Hello Zego,
   I don't think you are going to have much luck if it is going to take 30 days for shipment.  I raise northern bobwhites and I wouldn't even considering setting any eggs that were over 2 weeks.  You might try doing an internet search for quail and gamebird forums in England.  In the past I've read some posts from some individuals there who raise bobwhites.  Maybe they could get some eggs to you a little quicker than 30 days.
good luck
Zego

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »

Thank you for reply TENNESSERED tu2, in the past few months I contacted a lot of breeders from England and none of them was willing to sell me any eggs because as they said there is a law in England which doesnt allow exporting (shipping) eggs outside from the United Kingdom. I guess I will just have to keep my eyes open and wait and see if I can get quails or eggs closer to my home.
Again  ty2
TENNESSERED

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:47:37 PM »

Sometimes laws don't make any sense at all!  Good luck finding some eggs.  I'm curious why does it take 30 days to get eggs shipped to you from the U.S.?  Does your customs hold them for a long time?
Zego

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 06:51:40 AM »

Hm, I dont know really but I think that customs holds packets for around 3 or 4 days and other 25 days is just slow delivery from the post. A person from who I wanted to buy eggs advised me a global express option which would take just around 10 days but for 100 eggs shipping would cost 450$  :-o:-o
backcountry
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 07:38:23 AM »

im not sure customs would even let eggs through might should check  to make sure
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 08:14:51 AM »

What country do you live in?

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Zego

Personal Text

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »

Im from Slovenia (member of European Union).
TENNESSERED

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 12:46:09 PM »

That's a lot of money for a kilo of eggs Zego!  Sorry, it's so difficult for you to get started in Bobwhites.  It's too bad your postage is so slow getting there.  Probably much of that is how slow the post office can be here.  I lived in Taiwan for 10 years and If I sent something from there to family in New York State it would take about 5 to 6 days.  If they sent something to me in Taiwan it could take up to 20 days.  I never could quite understand that.  Could there possibly be any bobwhite breeders in Germany or France that could help you.  Maybe they don't have the laws against shipping eggs like England?

Good luck
Zego

Personal Text

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »

Thank you for all your support and ideas TENNESSERED, I will do my best to find eggs in countries closer to my country and then hopefully start breeding bobs.

ty2
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:56:19 AM »

How far are you from the Czech Republic?

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
kcgamebirdfarm

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 11:08:19 AM »

well there is another thought - just take ya a business trip to the USA and just happen to take some craft eggs back with you. cough cough. Seems like i was told someone has a strain of my Texas A&M, bobwhite, chukar, ringnecks, amherst, and red goldens in Ethiopia :)
but once again - kinda pricey

~what good are birds without feathers?~
Zego

Personal Text

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »

Well, Im 19 years old and I havent got my own car yet, thats why Im relying on the internet. Little Bear Game Farm, Im pretty far from Czech republic and its impossible for me to go there now, maybe when Im older. But if you by any chance know someone from there who would sell me eggs, that would be great!
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 09:05:56 PM »

There is a member on this forum from there that raises quite a few birds but I haven't seen him on in quite some time.  If he sees this he may be able to help you. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »