Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:00:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  Olesens' Flyway
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Olesens' Flyway  (Read 11222 times)
Gunner63

« on: June 23, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »

Today I recieved 500 BW chicks from Olesen's out of South Dakota, http://www.olesensflyway.com/. I was very impressed with the birds thus far.  I had about 30 dead out of 500 but Matt included 4% extra, and since they took two days to get here express ( we are rural) I thought that was pretty impressive.  Matt was helpful all during the order process, gave me some different ideas and followed up after shipping the birds.  I highly recomend.

Bill

SMack dab in the middle of the mitten
Gunner63

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 07:11:58 PM »

Day 3 and we haven't lost more than a dozen, and I feel pretty good about that, and very satisfied to have boughten from Olesen's

SMack dab in the middle of the mitten
another1

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:15:22 PM »

i ordered form them in feb got 10% extra chukar eggs great packing they rode in the back of my mailmans truck the entire route still none broke and only 7 clears in feb will do business again
ntnmclr

Personal Text

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 03:15:18 PM »

Unfortunatly.  I could'nt disagree more.  I ordered bobwhite and chukar chicks from them/him(Matt Olesen at Olesen's Flyway). Over half died within 24hrs of getting them.  The first contact I had with him he told me that if I insisted that it was in any way his fault then he would not speak to me further. After several more discussions, he said that they might have gotten too cold while being shipped.  So he asked me to send another check to replace them, I did, they cashed the check and sent me nothing.  You can best judge the quaility of breeder and person when things go wrong not when everything goes good. These folks are profoundly dishonest. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:18:15 PM by ntnmclr » Logged
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:25:46 AM »

Unfortunatly.  I could'nt disagree more.  I ordered bobwhite and chukar chicks from them/him(Matt Olesen at Olesen's Flyway). Over half died within 24hrs of getting them.  The first contact I had with him he told me that if I insisted that it was in any way his fault then he would not speak to me further. After several more discussions, he said that they might have gotten too cold while being shipped.  So he asked me to send another check to replace them, I did, they cashed the check and sent me nothing.  You can best judge the quaility of breeder and person when things go wrong not when everything goes good. These folks are profoundly dishonest. 

I don't know the supply and I have never ordered from that CO either. You never stated when you placed the order, and to where is was being shipped.

Shipping this late in the season if going to the upper part of the state(s) in my opinion and definetely in my loss aggrement contract, would rest on the purchaser, and NONE REFUNDABLE.

Most breeders ship eggs and chick in May, June, July, and August being the last month to reduce the loss either on the eggs freezing or the chicks dying or getting chilled in transit.

If you suspected any sickness in the chicks upon delivery, you should have contacted the supplier, if it was the P.O. fault then file a claim on the loss. That is what insurance is for.

Or maybe the loss was caused on your end, not having you facility set up the proper way to accept new chicks.

I wouldn't give you the right time of day either if you came right out of the gate accusing me being the cause of the death of the birds.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
cathunter10

Personal Text

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 10:28:06 AM »

Its to bad you feel this way But when you order eggs or chicks threw the mail there is so many things that can go wrong that to call someone Dishonest is pushing the limit. Now if you had not got the product at all then you would have had some ground to stand on.and there are ways to handel those kind of problems.Just my opinion.
   Bill
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »