Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  CharleHorse - more free stuff !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CharleHorse - more free stuff !  (Read 15570 times)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 06:15:17 PM »

So much for that Christmas present......you've got until midnight to find her another Christmas gift!   

i9

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2007, 09:19:31 AM »

She actually thinks the truck is a bad idea ! As she tells it, she had one many years ago & it was a major head ache.
Told her she is going to like the truck even if she don't want to !

I placed an add on an AB forum asking if anyone has an old BBQ, to just leave it in the back of the truck if they are driving by.
One S.A. made the comment: Let's see how many old BBQs will fit in the back of an S-10 !

I can see it now.....about four hundred and twenty six BBQs on & around the truck by weeks end !

s176 :grin:
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2007, 11:57:18 PM »

s020    ............

I'll have to get back to you on that one..........

j4

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 03:53:23 AM »

She actually thinks the truck is a bad idea ! As she tells it, she had one many years ago & it was a major head ache.
Told her she is going to like the truck even if she don't want to !

I placed an add on an AB forum asking if anyone has an old BBQ, to just leave it in the back of the truck if they are driving by.
One S.A. made the comment: Let's see how many old BBQs will fit in the back of an S-10 !

I can see it now.....about four hundred and twenty six BBQs on & around the truck by weeks end !

s176 :grin:

Reeves,

I saw that on the forum, I think you bit off more then you can chew on that one. When you get there to pickup the S-10, make sure you have the camera. I want to see this one j41

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 06:47:08 PM »

Well, it was a bit interesting getting it on. Courier has "misplaced" the package with the keys. I was also running out of time to pick it up. So off I go this morning with everything I think I may need.
To start with, it is parked where I cannot get at it. Then the wheels are locked a bit to the left. Couldn't get the steering wheel off, to remove the lock. Locked in gear as well. I dragged it back, then forward into a bigger parking lot. Then crawled under it and disconnected the transmition so I could shift it to neutral (auto).
Line up the trailer & get everything ready.
Manager of the store used his winch to drag it onto the trailer. Tie it all down & off I go !

It has a bad oil leak. I'm thinking (so far) a rear main seal. Bottom of the truck is coated with oil. Drivers door has a bit of damage. Above the L.R. tire you can see a bit of rust started. A few other real small items that will be easy to fix.
Over all, not a bad truck at all ! Plus the price was right  :grin:
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 07:18:32 PM »

Lucky j45

Anyway Reeves you seem to be handy with doing lots of things and I hope that the Courier can find those keys :grin: s020
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 08:34:15 AM »

Sweet!      s98

Rooma zoom zoom!!

How's the better half like her new ride?   s020
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 08:39:41 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 09:49:40 AM »

How's the better half like her new ride?

She surprised me by saying it looks good !

Still a ways off before it will be started and I also have to go over it with a fine tooth comb. Not sure it will get on the road this winter. Needs back tires and the oil leak fixed (may have to pull the engine). Who knows what else I'll find.....but the price was right !
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 07:16:33 AM »

Great buy !    s98

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 08:56:10 AM »

Funny how a person will make a picture in the head about a person.

I had one in my head about the fellow that gave me the truck. It was a young person, irresponsible, didn't care about much, maybe skinny.
I thought this and more when I saw all the stuff left in the truck , in a parking lot , for months. There are a lot of new tools in new tool boxes, new(ish) fishing gear and more (still have to go through it all...was snowing yesterday).

Anyway, on another forum he posted in a topic about UFC (fights) about one he just finished (lost) . He fought a fella over 400lbs ! Got purple all over, bruised ribs & lung, ribs puntured lung........and he is only two fights from being/fighting in the UFC.......and a paper in the truck says he is about 240lbs !
So I guess most of what I thought was right....except the skinny part   :laugh:
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2008, 01:15:20 AM »

You had better not ever try to pass yourself as one of them "Phsychics". 

Maybe, "Phsycho", but not "Phsychic"!   :cool:

Nice find on the goodies!   Alot of people are wastefull these days, things come to easy to them.   I still have my Boyscout uniform from when I was about 10.   :-o
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 01:17:24 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 10:18:08 AM »

Maybe, "Phsycho", but not "Phsychic"!   

You are not the first to tell me that  s020
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 01:23:46 AM »

Reeves,

Not to bad looking at all. What happen to the old BBQ's? I guess no one had any old ones laying around.

How long do you have on the use of the trailor?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 09:04:32 AM »

Trailer is mine, all mine ! Paid cash for it before things slowed down in AB.
Wife said I'd never use it......she has been surprised at how much use it has gotten. A couple neighbors have used it as well. Hauling hay etc.

I too am surprised that no old BBQs had been dropped off. But I'll be on the look-out for them this spring........clean-up time  :grin:
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »

Pulled the battery yesterday. It had 11.97 volts in it. I'm thinking the alt may not be hooped & the problem may have been bad battery clamps. One of them is broken & couldn't be tightened. I put the charger on the barrery for a few hours (6amp charger) and it came up to 12.90 volts. I'll test it for a few days to see if it stays close.
No big deal if it is toast...I have several more in like new condition.
Alt will go in for free (  :grin:) testing today.

I did notice the inner fenders are rusted bad. Oil all over the truck, under, all over the tail gate and a bunch of empty oil containers in the back. Leaving on the trailer till I can take to the car wash. I really hope it is the intake leaking  at the back ! Don't really want to pull the engine.....

Funny thing I found in the truck.....a new oil filter ! I'd say it was a waste, the oil was never in it long enough to get dirty  s020

Gas cap was in the box of the truck. Don't know how long this has been off.....likely has water in the tank. I'll likely pull the tank before trying to start it.

So, looks like there will be a bunch of work to do before I can test the 4x4 in the field , chasing Coyotes  :grin:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »