Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Male Bob broody
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Male Bob broody  (Read 1995 times)
weimwoman
« on: August 12, 2005, 02:21:08 PM »

Hi all , Just wanted to relate the following stories.
 I have a pair of Bobwhites on the ground in a 4 by 8 foot pen. The male started sitting on his partner's eggs and eventually hatched out two chicks. That was three weeks ago. Now he has decided it was so much fun that he is going to do it again! So he is now sitting on eggs and brooding two chicks! Meanwhile momma bobwhite cruises around the pen eats and relaxes and only returns to the nest to lay another egg!
Now all you men out there this is how the world should work!! Hahahaha

Also earlier this year I had a starling nesting in a box that I put on my coop for the flickers that were hammering holes in the walls.
 So when the starling had six eggs laid I removed them and replaced them with 4 coturnix eggs.
 On the appropriate date I heard cheeping and checked it out sure enough she had hatched some chicks for me! I removed them and the starling left. Probably scratching her head, "what the heck?" I wonder if Mr, Starling was even more puzzled? "Hey! who have you been messing with?"
 Weimwoman

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »