Raising Gamebirds > Build It Yourself

surrogator

<< < (2/9) > >>

chewchew:
i think you can make one, for little $$$.. use a  40lb propane tank, with a propane camping heat lamp.(like !$25.00 at walmart) for the heat.( you would have to set up a temp. controller or something) nipple waters(PVC). a feeder.. and put it in a nice little file box with 1/4 wire on the bottom. about..+/- $50.00 beans.
I'm thing about making the heater for my pen.. no electric.. hope this helps?

Theo713:
I have a good size propane tank just sitting around my place I could use. Just wondering if any you have anymore detailed idea about how to make one.

$1500 seems like a lot considering you must supply the propane tank and feed and H2O. From what I have seen it looks like they are supplying a mesh crate for protection right?

CharlieHorse:

--- Quote from: Theo713 on October 21, 2007, 05:27:44 PM ---Did you ever find any information about the Surrogator??? Iam interested in doing the same thing as you.  I just can not afford that type of $$.

--- End quote ---

I doubt that you'll be getting any info from this fella:

Re: surrogator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006

Name:  jefftke

Last Active:  May 11, 2006, 09:41:01 PM

I have no experience with the "surrogator" concept.  Although, I do believe that the gas control valve, heater, and thermostat controls would probably be your most expensive and most difficult items to obtain.

Theo713:
ok thanks. I found this pics on another website. check it out.

http://www.quailclub.com/Surrogator/PGSurrogator/QuailSurrogator/index.html

Theo713

Jake Levi:
A little off topic but not much, for after the surrogtor I like the looks of their feeder:
nuts, the pic didnt come through, it holds 200lbs of feed/seed, is priced competitively with other large units. Check out the url above.

QRT Game Bird Feeder

Recent research suggests that supplemental feeding increases nest productivity and improves survival and reproduction of quail!

Click here to read the latest research on Supplemental Feeding!

Protect your quail year round with the QRT Game Bird Feeder

All 4 legs of the feeder are designed with a feed trough. By having the feed troughs under the unit, the feed stays dry and the birds feed in protection.

As a result of this recent research, QRT introduces its revolutionary feeder!  It is designed specifically to feed both grains and crumbly type feeds, such as the hen laying formula mentioned in the latest supplemental feeding research! Because the feed troughs in this exclusively designed feeder are protected, unlike today's typical feeders, feed is moisture-free, reducing clogging and producing less waste than with other feeders.  The plastic construction discourages condensation, which keeps your feed dry.  This innovative feeder is also designed to discourage use by turkeys.  All of which saves you money and time!  This feeder will set the standard for feeders to come!

The QRT Game Bird Feeder will also adjust to feed different types and sizes of seed, such as corn, milo, wheat and soybeans! Because of its large holding capacity (between 200 and 250 lbs depending on seed weight) it is low maintenance and requires less attention from you! This sturdy, UV-protected feeder designed out of polyethylene plastic will last at least 20 years in normal conditions.  Be sure to add this indispensable item to your quail management program!  Best benefits result from one feeder for every ten acres of usable property!

The QRT Game Bird Feeder
Custom built Game Bird feeder
Holds between 200 and 250 lbs of feed
Protects quail from predators/elements
Rain protected feed troughs
Large fill hole
Plastic construction reduces condensation
Feeds different size and types of feed

UNIT PRICE: $199.00
Plus shipping
Please contact contact QRT for shipping rates when purchasing more than 2 units

State shipping to  Continental USALASKAHAWAII   

Order yours online now!

QRT Game Bird Feeder
Feeds all size grain

Supplemental feeding

contact us | hunt club consulting | free brochure | success stories | shop | home | view cart
Wildlife Management Technologies

2525 N. Loch Lomond Ct.

Wichita, Kansas 67228

(316)200-0134

contact@quailrestoration.com

©2006 Wildlife Management Technologies

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version