Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:50:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Hova bator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hova bator  (Read 3370 times)
Bobwhite quail24
« on: September 06, 2004, 07:48:43 PM »

Hello I was looking at tractor supply and I found a incubator simular to the hovabator for cheeper than the hovabator. I don't Have that much money and I wont to still hve a little to order quail eggs.  Here is the link to the incubator can you give your appinon about the incubator?

http://www.mytscstore.com/detail.asp?pcID=8&paID=1039&sonID=218&productID=9324

Thank you for your input.
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 08:31:28 PM »

The incubator you are referring to is the Little Giant.  It is similar to the GQF Hovabator in many ways.  I've used Hovabators for nearly 20 years and have had excellent success with them.  They are excellent for hatching small amounts of eggs or even using them as separate hatchers.  For starting out the Little Giant is a nice "little" incubator.  It will hold 120 quail eggs with the turner but keep in mind its sold separately.  Later on you should add a turbofan kit to it (which is a little harder than with a Hovabator).  The still air models such as the one you are referring to are a little harder to maintain than the circulated air models.  You have to keep an eye on it for temperature fluctuations whereas a circulated model there are hardly any.  Keep in mind you have to turn the eggs a few times a day which will require you to open the top and let out valuable heat and humidity.  An automatic turner is ideal but will cost an additional $35 or so.  Its not impossible to use-its a reliable little incubator after you learn the do's and dont's.  Like I said we used them for 20 years (Hovabators) and still do as well as the larger 1200 egg and up cabinet incubators.  I converted all of our units to turbofan years ago and use them mainly for extra hatchers or for when I only want to hatch out less than 120 eggs.  I like Little Giant but if I was to buy another small incubator it will be a Hovabator electronic thermostat picture window.  We also use these every year to take to the local schools for them to hatch with.

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »