Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:34:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Which incubator to use for hatching?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which incubator to use for hatching?  (Read 3273 times)
Man Cave

« on: April 26, 2009, 10:38:17 PM »

I have 2 L Giant incubators. One is forced fan but the 2nd is currently a still air. The fan went out and waiting for the other to arrive. I currently have some Cortunix Eggs and Bobwhite eggs that started on the same day. Which incubator is best used for hatching. I will swap the tops on the incubators and remove the eggs from the turner when the 14th day arrives for the Cortunix eggs.
makesmiles

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 02:32:40 PM »

Fan forced is always preferred over still air in all hatching situations.  It gives more even distribution of temp and humidity and prevents hot/cold spots.  However, if you need to use both bators at the same time, use the fan forced for the setting and turning process then move the eggs to still air for the hatching process.  Or, as you said, swap the tops.

Thanks David
Texas T

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 04:35:50 PM »

I have the same set up and use the still air bator for my hatcher. After 14 days I just move them and leave the turner in the forced air bator that way I can put eggs in at different times.
chukarboy

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 12:33:03 PM »

I had the same question last month. I ended up buying the Brinsea octagon 20 without the turning cradle, I'm using it as a hatcher. It so easy to clean holds conditions perfect. They came out with a economy one ($190) that has been very popular as a hatcher.
sam-e jo

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:07:16 AM »

That answers a quistion I was going to ask,LOL. I was going to do the same thing! I have a still air incubator right now and I am going to get one with a fan and use one for just hatching the eggs like you are doing. exa agd2
Man Cave

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 10:54:06 PM »

Transfered the eggs tonite to the still air for hatching. I will let everyone know the results after the hatch.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »