Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:38:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  The Rooster Goes Hunting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Rooster Goes Hunting  (Read 3152 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« on: December 03, 2004, 04:47:20 PM »

Found this on another forum, thought it funny ! This happened in the States.

As you know I hunt and rifle season is upon us. Now I know man's best friend is a dog, but tonight mine was a chicken.? Well, in a twisted kind of way?
I wasn't even going to go out tonight, it was really nasty weather earlier today here. Wind, cold and horzontal sleet, just blowing all over the front windows which it almost never does, just awful. But by noon it actually cleared up and the sun came out. So don on the regulation blaze orange way-too-puffy-going-to-sweat-to-death-before-I-reach-the-woods clothing (always feel like Ralphie's little brother in the Christmas Story and worry if I fall down, who's going to help me up, out in the wood?). Shoulder the rifle and head out. Half way down the field I look back and there is my white mixed bred not-right-in-the-head rooster following me. I'm way ahead of him and just hoping he gets it in his head he's a bit away from home and heads back. Confidant he will I just keep going. Get to my spot, turn around and he's right behind me with his his cocked like he expects something. I'm a 1000 yards from the house and there he is standing there looking at me. Never done this
before. Can't shoo him back home, he'll just end up lost in the woods. Ok, I deside to just sit in my spot, not really knowing what else to do, and he just desides he wants to take up position beside me.
Imagine this picture. Woman in full orange hunting attire, rifle in hand with a white chicken sitting beside her clucking happily, pecking ather boot. As if asking "Ok, we're here, now what?" I'm thinking no way in heck is this going to work. Any deer are going to see me or something. But sit there anyway. I went out later then usual and don't really want to walk him back to the house just yet.
At almost last light lo-and-behold several doe step out of the brush not 10 yards from where I was, startling me. I pull up, and shoot, and the rooster takes off vertically. Feathers go flying and I about have a heart attack! Just cackling and totally un-glued and goes after the deer in full puffed up "I'm going to kick one of you guys b***s for doing that". I put the doe down where she stood, kind of surprized me. And that rooster is out there like a shot, just spurring and wing smacking the heck out of the body. It was the darn funniest thing I have ever seen! ROFL!!!
I just watched him wear himself out. Then he got on top of the dead doe and crowed. Just cracked me up something awful! By then the husband got there and took one look and just shook his head. I told him it was the chicken's deer and he might need some help tagging and dragging it out. ROFL!!! I have never in my life ever seen something like this it was just so dang funny. And just had to share.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QuailLover22
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 07:37:18 PM »

I really liked that story! Thank you for posting it, I always get a kick out of animals doing things they wouldn't normally do.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »