Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:59:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  More Spring pictures..?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Spring pictures..?  (Read 6074 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« on: May 05, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »

Hi,
Here are some more pictures of Spring around my property.
Hope you enjoy them!!

j2

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »

and more......

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 01:09:38 PM »

Pheasant Hollow Farm,
Here are some pictures of the Oats/Canary Grass growing.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 01:26:38 PM »

Looks good birdlover s98 The grass pictures are blurry.

What happen to the birds? Where is the new additional pen space??

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 01:32:05 PM »

Looks good birdlover s98 The grass pictures are blurry.

What happen to the birds? Where is the new additional pen space??

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Ohh, sorry for the blurry i'll take more better pictures later when the sun isn't shining, thats usually what causes the blurry the sun gets in the way and messes up the picture.
The pen space i will take a little later also and by the way i'll post pictures of my incubator right now with 50 (give or take) Coturnix/Japanese Quails eggs in the bator.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 01:40:50 PM »

Birdlover,

Email coming your way.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »

What you need is a handful of this pure Reids dent field corn that I've got, to plant at your place along a fence or something. This stuff grows 10-12' tall.  Straight out of the 1850's.  Hopefully I'll also have some solid black corn with white and red cobs for seed this fall that was developed by a fella I know (secret) about 20 years ago. A

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 05:25:26 AM »

What you need is a handful of this pure Reids dent field corn that I've got, to plant at your place along a fence or something. This stuff grows 10-12' tall.  Straight out of the 1850's.  Hopefully I'll also have some solid black corn with white and red cobs for seed this fall that was developed by a fella I know (secret) about 20 years ago. A

CharlieHorse,

Send the birdDude some of the leftover seeds that you planted.  s87

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »

nonononono,  He'll climb up there, and come back with a goose to ad to his menagerie   j44

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »

Yeah, i've heard of dent corn, but not the variety your talking about.  I'm planting corn this year, mainly Sweet Corn, both yellow & white types. I wouldn't mind to plant dent corn for the birds, dent corn isn't really for human consumption, right? I believe dent corn is mainly grown for animal feed and maybe ground into flour. 10 to 12 feet is an incredible height of corn, sweet corn gets to about 6 to 8 feet high.

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »

Hey,
Here you go Pheasant Hollow Farm some more pics,

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 02:22:19 PM »

more........................................ j2

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 08:02:54 PM »

Here are some better pictures of the Oats/Canary Seed growing..
The second last picture is a pic of some strawberries i have planted next to my pond.
The last pictures is a view of my greenhouse filled with trays of veggie seedlings.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »

Birdlover,

Do you use that back deck? also if you do use it, doesn't the birds spook when you are out there partying?

Where is this flight pen you were making?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 03:39:53 PM »

Birdlover,

Do you use that back deck? also if you do use it, doesn't the birds spook when you are out there partying?

Where is this flight pen you were making?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

I don't have parties normally, but even if i did i wouldn't allow anyone to spook my birds. I'm always on the look out whenever someone sits down on the deck, can't trust no one. My pheasants in case they are spooked run into this run, to get away from the cause of the spook. The "flight pen" was intended for the quails, i was going to make it bigger, but then i remember that i needed more room for my other quails that will be hatching soon. This pen for my Coturn ix Quails, is at least 24 square ft. with 3 of the quails in there. I have a lot of planning to do. I also have a little problem with this other pen, that has 2 pairs each of the quails in there. At one end of the pen i placed plenty of cover in that end this way the males wouldn't fight as easily, they can get away and hide, just in case. But it turns out they still fight even with the cover so i have to keep them separated now.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »