Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Another monthly Hint from CharlieHorse!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another monthly Hint from CharlieHorse!!!!  (Read 9137 times)
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« on: December 07, 2007, 11:32:10 AM »

*Don't hunt with a muzzleloader in the rain.*

c110 There is probably a story, why not to, right? :laugh: :angel:

With out these helpful monthly hints I don't know were I would be.... :grin:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 12:26:23 PM by Chukar Breeder » Logged
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 03:03:51 PM »

I hear he didn't keep his powder dry & missed this White Tail Deer  s2

Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 06:55:17 PM »

That would stink and I would be  s2 s2 forever! If that deer is REAL then how in the  s80 was he able to walk/stand/eat/or anything else in a deer's life!
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 10:54:12 PM »

I call BS on that one  c110
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 12:26:58 AM »

if it wasn't the buck's neck would have to be made of steel pipes that Reeves gets for free :grin: :grin:
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 02:13:48 PM »

I call BS on that one 

How long did it take you to come up with that ?

a24
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 02:43:22 PM »

Soon as I seen it lol
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 03:36:48 PM »

::)   LOL!

Reeves is absolutely right, but it was not I who had the problem. Two other fellow hunters on 2 seperate occasions had muzzleloader issues on opening day while looking down their barrel at a buck with larger than average antlers.  It was absolutely pouring that day. Both of these guys told me prior to the hunt that I would probably be the one who would have problems with my muzzleloader in the rain, because of mine being more susceptable to moisture because of the "older" cap design.  After all day of hunting in the rain............mine fired! :grin:..............and theirs didn't!    s16  One had the powder pellets absolutely soaked, looked like black toothpaste, so he got alot of water down the barrel somehow?  They traded theirs in for their shotguns.

I left my deer in the woods, in hopes that he'll be a 16 point next year unstead of the measely 14 that he is this year.   :wink:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 03:48:35 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 03:41:06 PM »

Here is one for ya Chuck ! Just advertised it today:

T/C .50 cal Firestorm cap lock

193 of the 209 primes left
350 - 50gr Pyrodex pellets
24 - 30gr pellets
45 - 300gr Sabots
Scope base and screws
cleaning stuff
two books
spare locking tang

$690-00

There is nearly 1k in stuff above.
Shot 5 times.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 03:57:35 PM »

I know 2 other guys who have theirs for sale too............cheap!!  They weren't very happy, I'm surprised that they didn't wrap them around a tree.

That's appears to be alot different beast than mine, plus mine is alot less $$. I believe mine is a inline Knight Wolverine. The main reason I got it was because there is a better chance of having some snow on the ground during muzzleloader season at the end of December, making for a better (easier) hunt. Plus, I can reach out there farther with it. Rifles aren't permitted in Ohio like they are in West Virginia.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 04:19:29 PM »

I originally bought it to hunt Bison in B.C. while living there. But turns out they have a min. on some balistics & it was about 50lbs shy at the distance they wanted (Gov). So ended up with the Browning A-bolt II Comp. Stalker in 300WM with the B.O.S.S.........then ended up moving to AB  s20

So now my priorities have changed to predator "control". So as soon as the BP goes, I'll pick up a new A-Bolt II Comp. Stalker in 22-250.
Cap er off with a Bushnell Elite 4200 4x16x50AO matte finish.

However, the Utes have been falling lately with the BAR .270 using 130gr BTSP out to about 350+ yds. Three in the last two days. About 10 in the last couple months. They are way over populated in all of AB at this time. Some Counties have put a bounty back on them. I just give them to a local trapper that is in his 70s. Only trouble is, the .270 is not "fur friendly".
With the 250 I'll be able to "reach out" to about 500+yds and not have them look like they were hit with a Howitzer.

and I still have the .45 BP for "fun"
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »

*not have them look like they were hit with a Howitzer* :grin: :grin:

Yeah we had a lot of coyotes a couple years ago and had i think a $20 bounty on them...and now we don't have as many...

CH-here in MN were we hunt we can't use rifles (only shotguns) either only up north
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 07:49:40 PM »

CH-here in MN were we hunt we can't use rifles (only shotguns) either only up north

Down there you can shoot a BB gun from CA and hit Florida.
Well, at least your neighbor.
Here, you cannot see a neighbor  j1
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 09:01:21 PM »

j41 You are so funny Reeves!!!! Actually were I live I can't see any of my neigbors and I have 1/4 mile driveway!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 11:04:07 PM »

The part of the state that I'm in isn't much different than parts of WV. I think that it's do to the fact that most of the state north of me is flat as a pancake, and populated, therefore, they are ban in the whole state instead of permitting rifles in just a few hillbilly counties. 

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »