Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:37:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  someone help me!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: someone help me!!!!!  (Read 4613 times)
yvo
« on: February 04, 2005, 10:01:04 AM »

help me!!!!!!!! can anyone plz help me ive recently gained 4 quails.well i now only have 3 but thats another story!!!my problem is i dont have a clue what 2 do with them!ive found out i have 2 female  japanese coturnix but i also have a white quail with black patches on its head what is it??!!!! is it male or female??!!! also one of them flew away i didnt even know they could fly!! plz if anyone can give me more info and advise so i can look after these poor birds better plz email me on yvohop@hotmail.com thanx!!!!
pocketsierra
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 12:23:01 PM »

No need to worry. The information you need is on this and other sites. You can certainly eat them or eat their eggs.

http://www.shaywood.com/quail/coturn1.htm

Here are a few "owners manuals".

http://animalscience.ucdavis.edu/Avian/japanesequail.pdf

http://gallus.tamu.edu/Extension%20publications/jpquail.pdf

The white bird is probably a Coturnix as well, but it is probably either an English white or Texas A & M Coturnix. These are different breeds, not a different species, so the care would be the same.

The white one probably can only be sexed by the vent method mentioned in the first link above.

Yes, they can fly, so keep them contained.
quailer370
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 09:38:23 PM »

i agree with pocketsierra, white one sounds like a texas A&M or a tuxedo.  it's just a color variation of the coturnix species. dont worry, quail are fairly easy to take care of  8)

good luck,

-quailer370

life's like a bucket of wood shavings, except when the shavings are in a pail...then life's like a PAIL of wood shavings :D
yvo
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 06:23:13 AM »

thanku 4 ur help!!!!i feel a little more relaxed now!!!if u have any tips on housing and feeding plz let me know!!!!!! :D
squirrelhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 07:00:58 PM »

Spunds like a tuxedo. How did you acquire the birds?
yvo
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 07:30:05 AM »

someone was getting rid of them.i always wanted quails from being little so i took my chance.silly really when i didnt have a clue about them!
squirrelhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 09:40:31 PM »

The plural for quail is just quail. A pet peeve of mine.
Fivehollers
Expert Member

Miss Hannah Mae Pike

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 06:11:42 AM »

Thanks squirrelhunter, I share the same pet peeve.

To yvo, yes it was silly to aquire something you know little or nothing about and then have no place to keep them. You should really look around this site and gather as much information as you can,  there are some very intelligent people on this site who have been doing this for along time, also if you have a feed store around your area you can call and get information from them.

Good luck

Lori  :D

Five Hollers Quail Farm
Bloomingtongamebirds

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 11:53:57 AM »

Fivehollers I have been trying to get up with you about those eggs you wanted, let me know if you still need them, my birds are laying now.
yvo
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 10:08:42 AM »

Quote from: Fivehollers
Thanks squirrelhunter, I share the same pet peeve.

To yvo, yes it was silly to aquire something you know little or nothing about and then have no place to keep them. You should really look around this site and gather as much information as you can,  there are some very intelligent people on this site who have been doing this for along time, also if you have a feed store around your area you can call and get information from them.

Good luck

Lori  :D
well i know it was but no need 2 worry i no longer have them theyve gone 2 a new lovin home.and i did have a place 2 keep them untill i put them in2 a permanant home.
yvo
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 10:10:19 AM »

Quote from: squirrelhunter
The plural for quail is just quail. A pet peeve of mine.
touchy!!!!! soooo sorry :lol:
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »