Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:06:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Getting Rid of BW's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting Rid of BW's  (Read 18126 times)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« on: December 11, 2008, 09:57:41 AM »

I know this may sound crazy, but I was thinking of giving up raising gamebirds and take up sewing instead.  What does everyone think?

a29

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 10:06:41 AM »

I think you are on to something...I also think that you are on something.... s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:06:54 AM »

Gay but maybe profitable  :grin:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 12:02:33 PM »

Then what ?

Farm corn ?

:angel:
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »

nit 1 pearl 2  j41 Must be his friend Bud talking t15
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 06:00:09 PM by jimmurray3 » Logged
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 11:56:00 PM »

Its because he did not kill that BIG Buck this year.....or did he ??????? If it were me and he is still around next year I would call one of those big shot TV hunting guys and say wanna come hunt my place for 10 grand....

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 12:41:40 AM »

s020    I'd let anybody hunt anything for 10 grand!

Gay but maybe profitable  :grin:

s20  Heck Pete!.......I figured I could count on you for some advice and tips!?    :grin:

I think you are on to something...I also think that you are on something.... s020

:-|

Then what ?

Farm corn ?

I felt that, right in the guts!!      s47

You guys got it all wrong anyway. I had planned on growing hemp instead of corn and making my own he-man britches.      Geez!...you guys are mean.    ^-^

Actually, I had thought of getting rid of the birds I have (35 BW's)and giving my ground pen a rest (me included) and to get some vegetation/plants growing in it next summer. The pen needs all the poultry wire replaced now too (only 5 years old... s16).  Figured I could kill several birds with one stone.......no pun intended.  :wink:  I may even relocate and enlarge the pen itself.

What I want to sew is webbing, not dresses!!!   I've been wanting to make work harnesses and carts for my sons 4H Boer goats for several years and by gosh I'm going to do it!!   I don't know much of anything about a sewing machine and my wifes machine that I bought her 9 years ago has never been plugged in.  :-| I don't know if it is even capable of sewing webbing or not?   I'm going to find out. Those heavy duty machines cost a bundle!

If anybody has any knowledge of sewing webbing, please fill me in.

Here's the machine, it's a "Brother" :
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:35:23 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 12:44:45 AM »

Webbing..............not dresses!!     :-|

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 01:01:36 AM »

Wife says : NO !

Says you'll wear it out real fast and be breaking needles etc.

You guys got it all wrong anyway. I had planned on growing hemp instead of corn and making my own he-man britches.

May as well make them out of weeds.....seems you cannot shoot your corn eating Deer for some good leather   s020

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:19:07 AM »

OK now we can get down to business now that we know what this is all about...Just let me know and I will PM you the name and # of a guy that sews tons of it and he can fill you in on the ins and outs...

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 01:33:09 AM »

Wife says : NO !

Says you'll wear it out real fast and be breaking needles etc.

I was afraid of that, I'll have to sew it by hand if I have too.  But I have to sew something with it after dragging this thing out. Maybe some feed sacks to put my corn in?   I'd only need one!   s020

May as well make them out of weeds.....seems you cannot shoot your corn eating Deer for some good leather  

s020    s020   That's funny!   But tanning hides is alot of work.........unless it's one of my kids!   :evil:  s020

OK now we can get down to business now that we know what this is all about...Just let me know and I will PM you the name and # of a guy that sews tons of it and he can fill you in on the ins and outs...

Thanks slider, I'll let you know what I decide to do. I'm still kicking this around and may end up modifying a dog harness of sorts. I usually start gathering materials and tools well in advance of any project. I won't be getting the goats until april and I took measurements from the two we had last year. So I have some time to get it all figured out.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:39:08 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 05:40:12 AM »

CharlieHorse,

Do you have this  s53 it in your county that does this?

June 30, 2008

Dear Wood County Resident,

During the West Virginia Legislative session this year, the House of Representative’s bill number 3023 was passed. This bill states it is the duty of the County Assessor to collect an assessment of one dollar on all breeding age sheep and one dollar on all breeding age goats. Owners of sheep and goats are required to pay this head tax in order to participate in the Federal Coyote Control Program. Any person who does not pay this assessment is not eligible for the services provided by this program.

These monies deposited in the Integrated Predation Management Fund shall be used by the Commissioner of Agriculture solely to enter into cooperative service agreement with the United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) and Wildlife Services (WS) to expand the Coyote Control Program statewide.

Number of breeding age sheep_____________ X $1.00 = _______________

Number of breeding age sheep_____________ X $1.00 = _______________

TOTAL amount sent $____________

We will send you a receipt for your records.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 09:33:05 AM »

Never heard tell of it. A friend of mine raises alot of sheep commercially and I've never heard him mention such a thing. He also has major coyote problems.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 10:30:15 AM »

Never heard tell of it. A friend of mine raises alot of sheep commercially and I've never heard him mention such a thing. He also has major coyote problems.

I guess it would be worth looking into..

Oh and by the way, my one and only healthy dog left can use your quail as finger food if you want to donate them to a good cause j41

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »

Oh and I also wanted to add, If I was to decide to get out of the pheasant business, I would then have to go to all the places that I had an excuse not to go to, if you get my drift.....

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »